585,735 active members*
4,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > can not run rhino cam "cant convert centimeters to millimeters"

can not run rhino cam "cant convert centimeters to millimeters"

some one could tell which is the solution to this kind of problem? i cant run rhino cam, it is instaled with rhino 5 but when i run rhino 5, rhino cam just launches a message telling "cant convert centimeters to millimeters" then it just closses, is because some driver i dont have? is the install source corrupted? have you dealt with this kind of problem??

i ve seen some bad comentaries about rhino cam, is it good? or power mill is better?? if so, some one knows where can i find power mill tutorials??

Re: can not run rhino cam "cant convert centimeters to millimeters"

This doesn't sound like an issue with RhinoCAM, but a problem with your Rhino installation or the way you're using it. Are you making your model in centimeters? Try going into Tools/options/units and changing that to millimeters. Usually, when Rhino starts up, it gives you the option of what template to choose - whether you want to draw in feet, inches, millimeters, whatever. Choose millimeters, if that's what you want to use. That dialogue should come up first, before RhinoCAM loads.

RhinoCAM is a good program, and if you're having a problem (and if this advice doesn't fix it) it also comes with excellent tech support. Give Mecsoft a call and they'll walk you through a step-by-step solution. They can do this on your computer remotely, so you can see what they're doing and learn how to deal with the issue.
    Andrew Werby
    Website