585,670 active members*
4,154 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation 8055i TC display screen white out

Hi,
    We have a CNC lathe with 8055i controller with the following configuration (LCD Monitor + CPU + KEYBOARD + OPERATOR PANEL IN ONE UNIT). The machine was in power down (Mains Off) condition for around 60 days due to civil work being carried out in the factory premises.
    Recently when the machine was switched on the display is completely white (backlite is ON) and no icons or startup messages are visible.
    We have checked and found 24V is available at the CPU terminal at the back of the panel.

Any idea why the display is completely white and how should we go about troubleshooting the problem?
    Is this a hardware issue or something to do with the software?
    looking forward for support from fagor experts on the forum

Regards
    Arindam

Hello Arindam,

There are four possibilities: A blown fuse on the CNC Power Supply, A damaged Power Supply, A damaged screen, or a damaged CPU.
    The power supply is installed on the back of the CNC and if you look inside there are several green LEDs that must lit.
    If you press a key and you hear a beep, that shows the CPU and power supply is healthy and you have a broken monitor.

Re: 8055i TC display screen white out

Quote Originally Posted by FAMATechnology View Post
    Hello Arindam,

There are four possibilities: A blown fuse on the CNC Power Supply, A damaged Power Supply, A damaged screen, or a damaged CPU.
    The power supply is installed on the back of the CNC and if you look inside there are several green LEDs that must lit.
    If you press a key and you hear a beep, that shows the CPU and power supply is healthy and you have a broken monitor.
    Fama, a blown fuse on the power supply wouldn't allow the control to power up at all. That fuse is on the incoming DC voltage. However, that doesn't mean the power supply is to be completely ruled out.

Re: 8055i TC display screen white out

blank screen = dead CPU or dead graphic driver
    you must contact Fagor service near you
    kind regards