Has anyone ever setup any ethernet/ip messaging between the mapps frontend of a Mori 0iD,31i,or 32i controller and an AB CompactLogix PLC?
I would like to build a more advanced interface between our external PLC and the PMC/NC. We use external PLCs typically though Mcodes or macro I/O to add hydraulic clamping, tool detection, and coolant interfacing. The more data I can exchange between the two separate systems, the better I can error proof it. My thought was that an ethernet interface between two systems is obviously much more robust and efficient that hardwired I/O.
I know Mori currently offers Ethernet/IP robot interfaces and bar feeders, but they don't provide much info on them. I do believe from reviewing the PMC ladders that these interfaces work directly through the MAPPS front end(D parameters) and not an additional Ethernet/IP adapter board in the NC unit. Our local Mori dealer is trying to help, but I think they may be bound to only provide me limited info for safety.
I've also acquired a bunch of info from Fanuc showing that this idea is clearly possible with additional NC hardware. Unfortunately, I would have to go through Mori to get a wild option like this quoted.
I would like to exchange PMC alarm and tool data between the systems if possible. I am aware that potential PMC changes may be needed.

I would love to hear any feedback or previous success on this topic, as it's an idea i just can get out of my head! Also, if use of the FOCAS drivers is possible for this, i would love to hear about that too.

Thanks,
Jeremy