584,826 active members*
5,321 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > interact 4 spindle drive won't turn on spindle

interact 4 spindle drive won't turn on spindle

our bridgeport interact 4 won't allow the spindle to turn on. fliud level is good. proximity switch is good. when we try to turn on the spindle the fan will come on but not the spindle. the control is a heidenhain tnc2500 and the spindle control looks like a ktk ltd. we have had someone try to repair the fac-1r board in the spindle control but get the same problem and there is no error message. any help would be appreciated. even a place that repairs or replaces spindle controls.

Do you have the maintenance manual? The TNC turns the KTK on by relays, including ready as well as forward and reverse. First I would see the state of these relays.
    Next, is the LED ON on the MTI-1 board. This provides the field voltage to the spindle motor. Lastly, the KTK has a pile of LEDs on the main borad for diagnostics.

Ther is no support, no parts, no repairs available from KTK. These are considered obsolete.

EMI has a substitute drive.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Bridgeport Interact 4 Spindle Drive

George,

Thanks For The Info. Who Is Emi? Would You Have A Phone Number Or Website? We Have Had The Mti-1 Board Repaired. Also Had The Fac-1r Board Repaired And All The Relays Appear To Be Working Properly. We Had An Old Bridgeport Repair Employee Out And He Pointed To The Fac Board. The First Repair Didn't Work. Radwell That Repairs Boards Is Trying To Repair Again.. I Wanted To Contact Emi For A Drive Price Just Incase This Won't Work. Any Additional Help Would Be Appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

I am going thru a drive replacement now on an interact 308. The orginal was a Control Techniques Vector v400. They are replaceing it with a New UniDrive SP from CT. Ill will post the results when the conversion is done if you would like to hear them.
    Craig

Hi ! Its no needs to do change any things ! please listen to me very carefully and follow up my comments and reply soon to find very fast the problems ! ok!

1- On KTK find the all the LED lights up and let me know the Nr.
    2-check the connection E1 and E2 in left dwon side of rear bord (power board ) it must fasten and alive with the voltage same as L1 for E1 and L2 for E2
    3- every step after that depends on LED monitoring and check the voltage and fuse plaese check and send replay

F.Sharifi

They just completed the drive upgrade and almost 5000.00 dollers later the machine is running again. I wish I knew abour EMI sooner. I did just speak with a guy from Bridgeport named Gary. He is in the service side of Bpr. He tells me the KTK is still available in England and only takes about 10 days to get to the states. That wouldnt work for me since I only run on 1 machine but if a guy could wait that long it might be an option.

On a side note....Many THANKS to machintek!!!!!! Without your help and know-how, lots of us old Bridgeport guys would be in a heap of crap. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Craig

hi
    do you fix your spindle ?every things is ok?i waiting for your info about KTK led monitoring ...

HORSES