585,883 active members*
5,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help With Star VNC 20C

hI I have a VNC 20 that wont start ,I have tried all the normal fixes but it wont take data in after zero returning ,the usual stops would be parts count up or low oil level but its neither of these ,It was running perfectly for weeks then one morning it just wont take the data in .I zero return 3 axis then type G50 Z WHATEVER but it wont register it just wont go in the control it just hangs there I am pulling my hair out please anyone had this before.Ive had the machine 15 years so I think I know what Im doing but this is doing me in
    regards and thanks in anticipation Mick (MSK Engineering )

Prev posted in wrong forum

Re: Need Help With Star VNC 20C

Just a thought, but is one of the limits hanging? I have seen this before, where the machine homes, and zero's, but the limit stays down... and the machine is on hold, either
    thinking the homing routine did not finish, or the machine is in overtravel.

Just a thought?
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

No Jeff not that thanks

Is it possible, the last job you did, or even the last part. You stopped the machine, before the program ended.

Thus a G or M code was not reset. Like a G80, or M40 that never got set and the computer is locked as a result.

Does the machine have a section, in the software, that will show you error messages. Or the 0 and 1 state of all inputs and outputs.

I had a customers machine once, that the tall stock, position switch, was not activating. When it was sent out of the way, it just did not make the switch, and the program would be in hold mode... waiting for this.

The turrets not getting there signals, saying they are locked... something of that sort.

Something is telling the machine not to continue... something out of place, or not in a continue position?

Sorry, I am not an expert on the Star machines, just trying to help. Watching one of these on YouTube, and these thoughts came to mind.
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff I'm sure it is something like that I've just got to find it I dont think a code is hanging and it was turned off normally the night before it stopped if a code was hanging wouldn't the power off clear it anyway ? Trouble is star havnt got a clue on the old stuff and I am having trouble finding someone that knows the old machines
    Mick

one time i had problem with "hold button", it was sticky, check that, or any other button

all sorted I got an engineer in and he found the Coolant level switch was faulty,thanks for your help

Great, glad you got it...