585,758 active members*
4,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NcPlot could have saved my butt

I ran a long MasterCam generated Gcode program yesterday...

About 30 minutes into the run, there was a bug in the program, resulting in a busted tool and ruined part.

Just openning the Gcode in NcPlot plainly showed the problem. I learned my lesson, all Gcode files will be openned and inspected with NcPlot just before running.

I'd suggest this quick check for anybody running with a PC based control on their CNC machine. Probably also worth the trouble for anyone that can have their control communicate with a PC.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T
    I ran a long MasterCam generated Gcode program yesterday...

About 30 minutes into the run, there was a bug in the program, resulting in a busted tool and ruined part.

Just openning the Gcode in NcPlot plainly showed the problem. I learned my lesson, all Gcode files will be openned and inspected with NcPlot just before running.

I'd suggest this quick check for anybody running with a PC based control on their CNC machine. Probably also worth the trouble for anyone that can have their control communicate with a PC.

Karl

I recomend NC Plot to everyone both old and new to the CNC Programming Industry. It can teach those who want to learn and check for those who want to Varify an Program For 3 Axis Milling, 2 Axis Turning, and 4th Axis Indexing.

Scott has done a really nice job in creating this software. :cheers:

It also saves a guy from one of these (nuts)
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

It also saves a guy from one of these (nuts)
    Or, one of these ----> (wedge)

I also recommend, NC Plot to everyone!

And don't forget that animate button, thats my favorite !

Jerry