585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Machine Australia

CNC Machine Australia

This is a CNC machine I have built from premium parts, I have spent over $7000, and countless hours getting this macine to work 100% perfectly (no blacklash). I used this only 4-5 times and now it just sits in my office unused.

Custs wood, plastic.

The machine comes with everything you need including PC, drivers, software etc

I will also personally help setup the machine at your premises free of charge and show you exanctly how to use it.

I will deliver anyway in Adelaide and also happy to deliever to Victoria and NSW

Please give me a call or text anytime Joe 0405 385 399

Specs below:
    3 axis machine X.Y, Z
    Cutting area 1000mm X 700mm
    Z axis 250mm
    3 X 387 Oz-in NEMA 24 Stepper Motor
    Stepper Motor drivers Gecko G251
    3 SBR16 sets +3 ballscrews RM1605+3BK/BF12 +3 couplers
    MB-02-V6 Bidirectional Breakout Board
    PS-01 MeanWell 48Vdc 7.3A Switch Mode Power Supply
    AMC Alumium Profiles (http://www.amesystem.com.au/)
    Mach 3 Software
    cat5 Cable
    ADI Preium Case http://www.adi.com/ (this is the same brand used by NASA and the USA Militiary)
    Dell Windows XP Professional PC with 20" Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse
    Dewalt Router (worth over $500) - used once

Please give me a call or text anytime Joe 0405 385 399

List Date: 9/7/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: CNC Machine Australia
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $6500 + $0 Shipping

--------------------------------------

Red face Re: CNC Machine Australia

Dear team,

Can You send the 3 axis position calculator in excel.

thanks for the support.
    Mohan

Re: CNC Machine Australia

Hi,

Thanks for your question, but I'm not sure I quite understand it, if not please let me know!

We don't use a position calculator or excel for our machine, we drive it using Mach 3 software (Mach3 - Newfangled Solutions) using absolute positioning.

Hope that helps,

6 1/2 grand.....you have to be joking!!!!!

Hi Handle,

Thanks for the comment

What do you think is reasonable?

Joe, I can appreciate you may have sunk a lot of dough into it, but I would think around $3k would be a more realistic figure you would achieve trying to sell it.

For $6.5k you can import a 300kg profesionally made CNC and still have money to spare.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hi, what you have to realise is that there are machines on Ebay, or are occasionally, that are around the $2-3K mark and are not made wholly from extruded sections.

My first impression is that the machine is flimsy, especially in the gantry side frames......where is the table?

Also, a plunge router?????....is DeWalt the cheapest you can find?....this is total crap for a machine you expect to sell for $6K.

BTW.....how do you intend to overcome the crabbing characteristics of the gantry with a central drive screw when the cutter is working on the left or right hand sides?

There is a very good reason the Chinese routers are cheaper than anything the West can provide, and the first has to be they have good designs and second they also have much cheaper labour rates and they still have to ship them all around the World, whereas this one is in OZ.

Put this model as it is offered up on EBAY and see what the bidding goes to.......you can always outbid the highest bidder but you will see what the buyers are prepared to pay for this "design".

For a machine to this configuration without a water cooled spindle......expect a price of $600 + delivery..... $800 at most to the door anywhere in OZ.

If your pricing is nowhere near this range..........don't give up your day job.

BTW......you will make more money with this package if you offer it as a design only in PDF format, but as the design is antiquated, you'll have to go back to the drawing board and rethink it to present day design formats.
    Ian.

Aarggh I defiantly agree with you, I think 3K is more realistic. As this is what people have been offering me so far

Handle,I see what you are saying although the parts alone cost much more than $800.

I appreciate the feedback, and will adjust the price.

Thanks for your help guys!

As has been pointed out, general purpose extrusions are far from being considered premium parts of any sort, but if you want to maximise the amount you may get, I'd certainly fit the rest of the Z axis (why is it dissambled?) and add a spoilboard.

I'd also look at beefing up the leg supports which look extrmely flimsy, and maybe add some bracing to the gantry.

The lack of a VFD/spindle is a real detractor given they are so ludicrously cheap nowadays and wood routers simply do not compare, but you should defintely tart it up a bit and add the Z, and even fit the router to increase your chances. I do think you'll be struggling though and if you get offers around the $3000 I'd consider that very good. Try as I can it's really hard for me to see $7000 worth in the build.

Good luck anyway, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
    Aarggh I defiantly agree with you, I think 3K is more realistic. As this is what people have been offering me so far

Handle,I see what you are saying although the parts alone cost much more than $800.

I appreciate the feedback, and will adjust the price.

Thanks for your help guys!
    Hi, have you considered the design of the X6-1500GT (6040).....lots of good features there even if you have to scale it up a bit, and it's no shame to copy a good design as the groundwork is already done.
    Ian.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Try as I can it's really hard for me to see $7000 worth in the build.
    I'm with you.

Admittedly I didn't need to spend anything on computers, but I just bought all the hardware for an all-aluminium 8x4 machine and my total cost was US$2400, including ridiculously high shipping to Borneo. Not a single component was bought locally - can't even get metric machine screws here.

That included some high-spec steppers and a 2.2kw ER20 water-cooled spindle with 3kw pc-controlled VFD. My gantry supports are custom-made water-cut (In Australia) in 8mm alloy and came to $85 complete. Dual x-axis steppers and a rack system keep the gantry aligned. My motion controller isn't a Gecko, but will drive the steppers correctly and the 40V 10A Meanwell PSU will similarly do the job - with ease.

Where he has 4040 alloy, I have 8040 and 6040 - and a whole lot of cross bracing and triangulated alloy plate with lots and lots of machine screws tying it all in. The gantry is double 8040 sections permanently joined together. Probably not as stiff as it could be, but shipping limitations meant I had to compromise. I will cut the new gantry myself from plate.

I just don't see $7k in that, unless salesmen saw him coming. I just bought exactly the same dimensions of 4040 and paid $12 a piece for 1000mm sections. Although, looking at AME Systems specs, that isn't engineering-spec aluminium extrusion, but 'office partition grade'. On the spot I couldn't find any 8080, but a quick check of 100x100 extrusions returned about $45ea for 1M sections.

The phrase that keeps going through my head is 'a fool and his money are soon (and in quantity) parted.

I am impressed at the number of people that think this is worth $3k. I think I will order a whole other machine and sell my first one on - if this is worth $3k, I should be able to get 10 for mine.

Hi, the whole point of cost is what it takes to make it plus some profit as well.......bunging on a price because a similar model is priced at that is a total waste of time.

I just saw a 6040 with 4th axis on EBAY and the asking price was $7,500......they also go for around $2,700......who's pulling whose leg.

There's a very interesting designed router on EBAY called a Kitmill with a fixed gantry/moving table configuration....table size 200 X 300......that's quite small, but the write up for the router is very comprehensive and it has 3 videos showing the machine in action.......all for $1,250 including shipping.

For that price you get linear rails and ball screws on all axes, and a 3 step pulley drive to increase the speed or torque according to the job.

This would also make a neat router if it was scaled up a bit as the design is utterly simple.

Having a moving table with a central screw means you won't have the gantry crabbing when the cutter is to far left or right.
    Ian.