585,969 active members*
4,460 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Needing advice / help with 3040T D-2 Homing issues and or possible settings issue..

Needing advice / help with 3040T D-2 Homing issues and or possible settings issue..

First of all ..Hello! I am new to the CNC process...and this site..WOW, there are some things in here far above my paygrade lol..LOTS of information.

I ( like seemingly most novices,) just bought a 3040T D-2 ( chinese made version of whatever ) ...my issue is less of a technical problem...and if I'm being honest more of a "operator error" issue I'm sure....
    That said, i have the machine up and running using Mach 3... I have watched the tutorials and read the techs...and I am now ready to admit..I don't have a clue where to go from here....I have set the units to Inches...but all the speccing in the is in MM's ...in working out the conversion ...the math is correct...however when I try to set my homing I'm missing something.
    I parked the motors XYZ in the lower left hand corner of the table... using the soft max as X = 290, Y=390 and Z= 0 and of course the soft min limits as X=0, Y=0 and Z=-56....the only thing checked on the homing setup screen is the "Auto Zero" Column.
    When I click go to home or try to run a gcode... you can tell the motors are trying to go..somewhere...but it's certainly NOT the coordinates listed....

As I said I am SURE there is something I have NOT done ..correctly...any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks Guys!

Re: Needing advice / help with 3040T D-2 Homing issues and or possible settings issue

Does the machine have home switches?
    Are you clicking the Ref All button to home it?
    There is no Goto Home button, so not sure what you're trying to do there.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)