585,759 active members*
4,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4020A Renishaw JOG and probe macros- Sharing

Fadal 4020A Renishaw JOG and probe macros- Sharing

Been reading the forums a lot!!.
    Just became a member. Wanted to share the probing macro I finally got working on my Fadal. It has been very difficult finding information on Fadal specific probing and then just probing in general.
    I am sharing this so someone else would not have to go through what I just did.

This program is working on my machine. 2000 Fadal 4020A and I am using a Renishaw probe. If you messed with macros and probing before or are in the process of doing so then this might help you on your way.

What the program does... so far is: you JOG to, right above the corner of the part you want to probe. Then the probe does its thing and when you are done it updates the fixture offset table.
    This only works for the 4 outside corners of a part (so far). I have not done it for the inside corners yet or for bosses and bores. This is purely to help with fixture offsets I hate set-ups so this is the reason I wrote the program.
    To get it to JOG and then probe was a nightmare.

For the experienced guys out there this is trivial and if you have the Renishaw productivity Plus then it might have all this already built in.

I am using purely G31 and G31.1 commands to do all the work so this might be adapted to other machines. There is very minimal error checking so as of now I do not know if there are any problems in the code. The next step is to integrate it into the CAM post processor to automate it.

Like I said this works on my machine. Use at your own risk... Study the program first, keep your hand on the FEEDHOLD and do SINGLE STEP. Probes are extremely expensive!!!!!

Good luck.

Jan
    ps. If any of you have overflow in your shop.... My machines have some capacity available. Some work would be appreciated

Re: Fadal 4020A Renishaw JOG and probe macros- Sharing

Hi there;
    I can't open these, and just now got my Renishaw plugged in.
    This would be a great help!
    Thanks,
    Mark

Hi

can i get your macros? i just installed my tool setter today. and i would like design some macros.

Cheers Tom

Re: Fadal 4020A Renishaw JOG and probe macros- Sharing

Jan,
    I just wanted to say thank you for sharing!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Skywater View Post
    Wanted to share the probing macro I finally got working on my Fadal. It has been very difficult finding information on Fadal specific probing and then just probing in general. I am sharing this so someone else would not have to go through what I just did.