585,962 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 20t upload program

Does anybody have any information on a Fanuc 20t controller. I just "inherited" one attached to a victor dcl 1640 in my manufactuinrg lab. I teach at a community college and just stepped into the shoes of a 20 year vet. He had this lathe and controller sitting and never had the time to mess with it. We got it connected to a network drive but for the life of me i can not figure out how to upload the program to the controller.The directions that I have say to edit an existing program named O0123 and add P1234 (n= program number) which according to the instructions will load the program. (obviously this doesn't work) Our network drive letter is set to P on our other cnc tools but i'm just not very familiar with this controller to figure it out.

Thanks!

Re: Fanuc 20t upload program

So the directions I was given were completely wrong and I actually had to use software on one of my computers to upload the file to the lathe itself. The program I used was eNETDNC. After I figured that out, once I transmitted my file on the software, all I needed to do was to hit read on the controller and the software uploaded it to my controller.