584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale
Page 1 of 4 123

Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale

Anyone got a lead on someone selling a PCNC 1100 S/3? I'm located north of Atlanta, Georgia.

Figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone might be interested in selling.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: Any Leads on an PCNC 1100 Series 3 For Sale

There has been one in TX on eBay. Depending on how far you want to drive.

You're not going to save that much on a Series III so why not just buy a new one.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Normally, a series III shows up about once per month, somewhere in the US.

Setup a search in ebay to notify you. Also, look in craigslist. I use a google search like this: "tormach site:craigslist.org". That will pop up Tormach listings anywhere in the US. Or use something like searchtempest.

But I agree with Steve. Tormach's seem to sell for about 80% of there original value (or even higher for ebay listings). By the time you factor in shipping cost if it is out of your immediate area (and 1 per month almost ensures a long wait OR a long drive), you will end up getting a possibly abused machine (with shipping damage because it didn't have its carefully constructed factory crates) for not that much cheaper. I watched for about a year before I bought new.

I did the math. Look, machine in TX! 4 days to drive there and back at $$$ per day and gas (total cost: $1900 including lost work time and weekend travel). Or fly there, rent a u-haul for $1100 and drive it back for 2 days at $$$ per day and gas (total cost: $2300, weekend travel).

YMMV. Literally.

Oh look, Tormach will deliver it to my door for $630. hmm, tough choice.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Yep, this confirms what I was thinking. I thought I'd throw it out there just in case there was someone in my area that had one they were needing to sell. I guess this is a good sign that there are not 50 of these on Ebay and others. Means they hold their value well. Guess it's off to part with $19,000 (loaded with all the bells and whistles) out of my savings account!

Some guys buy bass boats and cars, I chose to buy a CNC mill. I'm sure I'll be back here on the boards in the near future with 500 questions.

Later,
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

My guess is that this machine is not legit.... I've sent the seller questions (including what's the serial number) but no response.

Tormach Pcnc 1100 Cnc Milling Machine - Sanantonio Tools For Sale - Shoppok Sanantonio.

At $3,600 it may be worth the drive...... However, I may also spend a ton of money chasing problems.

Yeah, sounds like a scam. I bet the seller just happens to be out of the country for the next week, but if you wire her the money, she will ship it to your house.

uh huh, had something similar in my area for a new standby generator.

$3600 is too low a price to be legit.

Here is an example from the used market:
    Tormach PCNC 1100

Southern California, $16k for a $25k total of Tormach. Sounds like you should jump on it... seems like a good price. 16.5/25 = 66% of cost.

but... that doesn't include an ATC. No sign of a 4th axis. And it is a series I (or maybe II, but no mention of upgrade). He must have a ton of TTC to add up to $25k. Probably includes some tools you wouldn't necessarily need right away... or ever (looks like he has that laser alignment tool).

Dever. $13.5k for a (almost) brand new machine worth $15k. Except... that the $15k includes shipping charge, so it is probably more like $14.4k value. So you are only saving $900, since you have to go pick it up yourself. No thanks, unless it was local.
    https://denver.craigslist.org/tls/4651371234.html

Here is your San Antonio machine. No, wait, your add said this was a 2012 Series III. The picture on craigslist definitely isn't that... hmm, something fishy with the add you found.
    Tormach PCNC 1100 Vertical Mill

$7500 in this add. And it includes a phone number, so it might be legit. Series I. Hard to tell from the picture if it is all beat up, or just dusty. Lets see how that compares. Add $1300 for the full Series I->Series III upgrade kit. $7500+1300 = $8800. New cost would be: $10839 (Stand + mill + tormach controller... doesn't include the cost of the machine arms in the picture, or any of the unnamed "$2500 in tools"). 8800/10839 = 81%. hmmm.

Given, all of these listings are just a starting point for negotiation.
    Tim

Yep, more and more is pointing me towards a new machine. You add in time to go break a machine down, load it, transport it and re-install it, possibly without support from Tormach.......

I think I'll start a new thread listing everything I'm getting and see if anyone has some suggestions.

Lack of used availability makes me feel good about going with the Tormach machine.

Later,

Here is one near me, the guy wants $16,500 and claims to have $25k in it. It doesnt add up to me. Tormach PCNC 1100

Not to mention clean up! Some guys don't care about a dirty machine but I spent days getting half the chips off of my used series II. Sometimes I want to sell the series II and pick up a new series 3, ball screw and bearing wear are unknown sometimes until you really dig in.

HMMMM... That San Antonio mill is a short drive from me.
    I wonder if the Wife will be mad if I add another one to the collection. :banana:

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    HMMMM... That San Antonio mill is a short drive from me.
    I wonder if the Wife will be mad if I add another one to the collection. :banana:
    The dream is to achieve critical mass of machinery, such that she doesn't notice new machinery showing up.

It is almost as if they a procreating all by themselves...

Look honey, at the cute little baby lathe....
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    The dream is to achieve critical mass of machinery, such that she doesn't notice new machinery showing up.

It is almost as if they a procreating all by themselves...

Look honey, at the cute little baby lathe....
    Did that a few years ago and it is a great thing! After a while though you will not be able to deflect any extra-curricular assignments because she "knows" that you have a tool to get XYZ job done faster and quicker than contracting it out. The female of the species tends to lurk and pounce when least expected, or after you have worked 80+ hours and are mentally defeated :-).

WOW - You guys hit the nail on the head for the guy in TX selling a PCNC 1100 (link Tormach Pcnc 1100 Cnc Milling Machine - Sanantonio Tools For Sale - Shoppok Sanantonio.). See below for the email I just got from him. Almost comical.... he took it with him to England but is willing to ship it back to me for free! I love it that he says he was here working for a charity. What a total POS!

Adam Wildman <[email protected]>

Hi there,

My Tormach Pcnc 1100 Cnc Milling Machine is still for sale. I am asking only $3600 as I need to sell it quickly. A small problem would be that I left the country a few days ago and I came back home to England. I was there with my work for Action for Children Foundation. But if you still want to buy it, I can deliver it to you and I will pay all shipping fees as I had to take it with me in England.

To make this transaction safe for both, I suggest we use an escrow shipping company to handle the delivery and payment. In this way you can check the item for 10 days before you decide if you want to buy it or not. And in this time they will keep money safe.

Let me know if you want to buy it and I will explain to you how this works so you can see it is very safe for both of us.

Cheers,
    Adam

Now that I look at the pictures in detail, they look like they were taken in the Tormach warehouse in Wisconsin. The seller must have a pair of big ones <g>.

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    To make this transaction safe for both, I suggest we use an escrow shipping company to handle the delivery and payment. In this way you can check the item for 10 days before you decide if you want to buy it or not. And in this time they will keep money safe.
    Yeah, and I bet he knows a really good "escrow shipping company" you can use too, so you'll be completely protected! I don't see how you can pass up an offer like that! :-)

Regards,
    Ray L.

Tell him "good news, I just moved to England as well!".

"and hey, since you're willing to pay $5000 to ship the machine how about I just come pick it up along with a $1400 cheque? It will be totally safe."

Just logged in to say I have run into this guy as well:

Hello,

My Artec EVA 3D Scanner is still for sale. I am asking only $4000 as I need to sell it quickly. A small problem would be that I left the country a few days ago and I came back home to England. I was there with my work for Action for Children Foundation. But if you still want to buy it, I can deliver it to you and I will pay all shipping fees as I had to take it with me in England.

Let me know if you want to buy it and I will explain to you how this works so you can see it is very safe for both of us.

Cheers,
    Adam
    I went to the org's website and grabbed a name off the 'about us' page (name obscured for search engines), then replied:

No kidding? Action for Children? I'm good friends with Jan Lxxxxxx!
    I'll be coming out to visit her in a few months. Can I have her pay you directly with cash, and I'll pick it up when I'm out there?

Thanks!

Tormach PCNC 770 CNC Mill 2013 4th Axis Power Drawbar R8 Spindle 10K RPM | eBay

Been trying to get info on this machine on Ebay. They will not let me know what tools are included or if the machine has the CPU controller. Wish it was closer to here in Georgia. I offered them $4,500 but my offer was declined. Based on what may or may not be included as well as my costs to go pick it up (keeping in mind what a new machine would run) I figured it was a fair price. Oh well, the search continues.

Later

Looks like that mill is in Colorado. That's a pretty far haul from Georgia. It also looks like an 8" RT on the mill table and that seems a little oversized for the 770. Sounds like they are a used machine dealer; if so calling them might be better than email in case you haven't already tried the former.

Mike

Page 1 of 4 123