584,865 active members*
5,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > chinese water cooled spindle tubing.

chinese water cooled spindle tubing.

hi, I have the chinese 1.5kw water cooled spindle, which seems to require 5mm inner diameter 8mm outer diameter tubing for the water cooling.
    link for reference: 220V 1 5KW 2HP Water Cooled Spindle Motor ER11 Variable Frequency Inverter VFD | eBay

I also have a water pump that has a threaded 20.3mm inleft/outlet.
    link for reference:
    High Quality DC 12V Magnetic Electric Centrifugal Water Pump Hotsell DX Hot New | eBay

my problem is that I don't know where I can get a part that reduces the 20.3mm water pump outlet to the 5mm tube the spindle requires.
    I've been looking around on ebay, but 20.3 seems to be quite the arbitrary number and I'm not even sure what the name of the part is... connector? reducer? fitting?

any pointers as to where I can get such a part, how to connect or even what to look for?

thanks.

Re: chinese water cooled spindle tubing.

Tubing is sized on the OD. So a common size is 8mm OD x 6mm ID. The sizing on the pump is pretty odd for the US, it could be very similar to a garden hose type thread. If so adapters are available from garden hose thread to 1/4 npt. Then you could use a 8mm x 1/4 npt push-in connector to attach the tube. If it not garden hose thread it appears you could thread the inside of the pump discharge to a common NPT thread then use the mention tube connector.

Seems like having a CNC router would allow you to make an adaptor

Looks like standard pipe thread. Take the pump to your local plumbing supply or home improvement center. I'd try to get a brass nipple going from female pipe thread to a barbed nipple and then just use a hose clamp on it.

I'd of thought a pump with those size ports is going to struggle to pump into a 5mm ID tube.

If I were you I'd look at getting a PC water cooling pump that is going to be better matched to that tubing.