585,687 active members*
4,790 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > powermax 45 interface cable with hand torch

powermax 45 interface cable with hand torch

Has anyone used machine interface port and just installed an internal jumper on torch wiring to trick the machine into thinking the hand torch was the machine torch? seems like it would be fairly easy to do.

Re: powermax 45 interface cable with hand torch

The wiring I did is not in the torch, but inside the box. I just jumped two wires. I don't recall which, two colors I jumped, but it was very easy.
    Tom @ CandCNC can tell you how to do it. This modification should not void the warranty according to Jim Colt. It lets you use the torch with the machine and if you need to cut something by hand, you just use it with the trigger. Best of both Worlds really.
    Lee

Re: powermax 45 interface cable with hand torch

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    The wiring I did is not in the torch, but inside the box. I just jumped two wires. I don't recall which, two colors I jumped, but it was very easy.
    Tom @ CandCNC can tell you how to do it. This modification should not void the warranty according to Jim Colt. It lets you use the torch with the machine and if you need to cut something by hand, you just use it with the trigger. Best of both Worlds really.
    I came across this mod at the torch cable front panel connection but don't know if it works on the PM45 Hypertherm model as indicated. Is this what you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0WJ_1OaIY

Would like to know if this is the mod to get a handheld torch to work as a CNC controlled torch and remove the jumper to be able to use the handheld torch as intended.

Cheers