584,837 active members*
5,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Plastic injection > Clarke 911 thermoforming centre

Clarke 911 thermoforming centre

Hello everyone, came across a pretty cool item that I've wanted access to for a long time but could never afford the full size machine. Here we have a prototype educational machine that does 6 processes in one machine. Apparently it's pretty expensive, I was told $10,000 and found the same unit online in euros in accordance with his claim. I picked it up with a ton of plastic and all the attachments and books for $500. Anyways, it has a small 1 ounce plastic injection feature, pid controlled oven, vacuum mold, blow mold, plastic welder, and plastic coating apparatus, along with an extrusion maker. Clearly this isn't a high production machine, but it's made VERY well and better yet runs on 110V @ 20amps. The vacuum pump/ compressor are internal I assume oil less . Should make a fine match for my 3d printer when/if I need to make a mold for multiple copies. Attachment 249698

Re: Clarke 911 thermoforming centre

Well overlooked that it was 220V and not 110 when buying plugs oops. Found a place for a couple cheap molds that im going to test out from these guys.
    Plastic Injection Molding, LNS Technologies Plastic Injection Molding Machines and Supplies Home

Congrats on a great purchase! That is the cat's meow. You will learn so much from that machine.

Now I know what to look for...

bob

Thanks bob. Ya it looks like a great machine, especially for that initial exposure to plastics in general.

Hi there, I'm considering buying the same machine - can you tell me if it turned out to be a good purchase or a regret?

I'm initially interested in vacuum forming, but of course, there's always room for doing other things.

OR if you know of another machine that you could suggest, I'm open to that also.

Thanks in advance!

Ya, good machine if you can get it cheap. They are expensive new.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk