585,942 active members*
3,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Okuma osp7000l post

Okuma osp7000l post

Hi all after lots of messing around i think i am now going to suggest that we get edgecam, i currently am running a 30 day evaluation of 10.75.

I am trying to write the okuma post i have loaded the generic okuma machine but this looks nothing like the m and g codes are machine uses. Is this normal?.

I dont want some one to just send me a post, i want to learn this and get it right as i also have to write posts for 2 multi spindle mazaks, hmc mazak, vmc fanuc, puma, and 3 other machines.

If some ones got any pointers on this it would help im finding it hard to find info out like g54 work co-ord setting g10 tool setting the okuma book has nothing on this do okumas not have this option. I am a fanuc man through and though so ive got no choice but just read the machine manuals when it comes to these other machines.

Also noticed it asked for the tapping G code well there are two one for right hand and one for left hand so where do i put these?

thanks for any help

i have a okuma 5020L lathe w/live tooling.
    is edgecam for mill and lathe?
    does ur okuma have IGF on it?

its a standard lathe with no live tooling it would be great to get a working post so at least i can then see where i am going wrong

Not sure what igf is.

cheers

okuma has software called admac for programing on pc.http://www.okuma.com/products/software/
    they also have IGF for programing on the machine.
    ive been trying capsturn by cadem software it has post for osp7000L.
    but i have the osp5020L control.
    when i program with IGF on the machine it uses the lap cycles and the programs are small and clean (by clean i mean the template is not confuzing)
    when i program with this capsturn on the pc i used the post for the 7000l
    and it was all point to point.

does ur lathe use lap cycles?

can u ask the edgecam people for a post?

i have run some okumas and fanuc and mazak machines.
    the okuma seems to me to be the more user friendly one.
    ex. u dont have to home it out, dont have to power down to clear alarms
    okuma can edit while running with IGF u can program while u run
    these are some things i noticed that was different.
    mazak was just wierd to me but it was older model template was confuzing
    on mazak.

yes the machine uses lap1 nlap etc etc i must admit i hate it and would rather take a fanuc any day of the week.

I will ask edgecam for a post but thought i would try here first.

will the edgecam software produce the cycles or just point to point?
    sorry didnt have a post u could use.
    lucky for me i have the IGF option i just have older ver. of it.

edgecam will put out the program as long hand or as a canned cycle depending on the options you pick as far as i can see. As you define the g codes and what each letter means ie h hight of thread b thread angle.

I don't have that particular model, but there is some nice stuff inside of this post. It's a 2 axis lathe, I am not sure what you're key allows so I am playing it safe and sending you the basic. If you have a more complex post, the items and logic can be copied over to your post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike W.

thanks for that will give it a go see how i get on am going to imts so taking a few things to the edgecam stand to see what they can do.

I just tried a part i had writen in fanuc with a standard post i changed the post to the one you have done, when i try to do any processes like facing etc i get error InitCommand Failed For 16,20(line 301). dont no what this means

cheers

Try using cycles instead of Operations. The adaptive post templates, at least for turning, don't work well with operations.
    Mike W.

here is an older, non-adaptive post, that should be real close as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike W.