We have a SuperMax Max-3 mill that has been down for the better part of 5 months with various issues. The tool changer started by not calling up the correct tool or not doing a complete tool change. Previous engineer working here was working on this till he finally quit about 2 months ago. In that time he replaced the magazine motor, sensor, and we bought a new relay board.

I finally have the machine up and running and able to change tools. However the issue is every 4-20 tools it throws a code for the magazine not lining up with the tool change arm (POT INT FAILED). I was told the parameters to adjust the timing of the stop are

D 0320 - (Preset Value 150) - Time

D 0325 - (Preset Value 150) - Delay

I found with adjusting these I see obvious changes in how often or even how bad the tool changer throws an alarm. But Even at the best setting I found (300 / 500) I can run it and go 23 tools without an issue, then run another tool change program and only get to 8 tools before it alarms out.

Could there be just an optimum setting I need to find between these two parameters or could I be dealing with maybe a feedback issue or some other issue in the controller?

SuperMax Max-3
Fanuc O-M
Mfg. Date 1995