584,862 active members*
5,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Roni Centur 35E Stuck in Feed Hold

I've got a Romi Centur 35E with a Fanuc 0-TC control. Yesterday the machine stopped dead in the middle of a cut and alarm 408 was displayed. I called the machinery dealer and he told me to restart the machine. This cleared the alarm. I can move the axes with the jog keys or the handwheel. I can "home" the axes. I cannot, however, run any programs and the machine will not respond to any MDI commands. Diagnostic #121 indicates that the machine is in "Feed Hold". If you spin the chuck by hand, something in the electrical cabinet clicks and a "Not Ready" message flashes on the screen momentarily. I called both Fanuc and Romi, but they weren't able to help. Romi sent me the ladder diagram, but I have no idea how to read it. I've flipped the circuit breakers on and off, checked for loose connections, checked the oil level, and the operation of the door switch. Help! I'm already late with some deliveries and need to get this machine running.

Re: Roni Centur 35E Stuck in Feed Hold

Will it do rapid moves?
    Does it not do feed moves?
    Does it show a spindle speed? correctly? Usually if a spindle speed differs from command by 20 percent or more, it will not feed.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)