Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
You need two JST-XH connectors to make the interconnect cable, also if you want to add limit/home switches its the same 4 pin JST-XH connector, look on eBay for LiPo balancing cables and connectors as they are used in the LiPo battery packs.

Note... I don't yet have the PWM speed control working, still finishing up how to set that up, but i DO have Spindle On/Off control now from Mach3! The PWM control just wasn't as big of a concern for me as i generally run it full speed all the time for PCB milling.

Ok, on the controller board the jack marked PWM i numbered them from the back panel forward, pins 1-4.

1. LPT Port Pin #17 to Spindle Controller PWM Input
2. +5v from Spindle Controller to the EL817 labeled DDO, This is Spindle On/Off
3. Ground from Spindle Controller
4. Spindle On/Off

On the Spindle Controller board i labeled the pin numbers Left to Right looking at it from the front panel, pins 1-4.

1. PWM
2. +5v
3. Ground
4. Spindle On/Off

The front panel Spindle switch only switches a ground on the Spindle Controller and its in parallel with an Optocoupler, part number EL817, on the Spindle Controller board. So you can leave the front panel switch for manual control and leave it in the OFF position to allow Mach3 to turn it on and off.

You need to make a cable so that its matching 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, using the pinouts as i described them. The plug orientation is flipped, so pin 1 on plug on one end of the cable would be the opposite side of the plug on the other end. You will understand what i mean when you look at the jacks, the controller board has its jack going front to back with the keyway to the left and pin 1 towards the back, but the spindle board has its jack going left to right and keyway to the back and pin one on the left. So the cable is a flipped crossover config.

Set Mach3 for Active Low on Pin #1 to turn the Spindle On/Off.
Set Mach3 to control the Spindle PWM using pin #17
To sum it up. Is it enough to connect the PWM connectors and then you can drive spindle on / off?