586,000 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 18I Z axis servo Alarm 410

Good morning sirs.

I'm getting this alarm on the machine while the Z axis is working or is stopped, and in different positions. This is a simple axis with motor encoder, no scale, and works in vertical position.
    The diagnosis 300 is between 1 to 3 while the axis stops ant the parameter for the following error is 5000 ( I d'nt renember the number now). It seems that is not a mechanical problem
    So my problem is that in the Fanuc manual I have the following instructions to solve the problem: "Follow the procedure",and no more.
    Some body knows??

Thanks in advanced

The 410 alarm is the in position error indication, the parameter 1826 sets the in position width for each axis, as long as the when the axis is stopped it is within this error, it is OK, otherwise it will show an alarm.
    I would look for tightness on the Z axis or if the machine has any form of Z axis counterbalance, then it may need adjusting.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I had the same alarm on a Mori Seiki MV-653 mill and it was mechanical problem. There was a set screw(or guide screw) on the side of the spindal that keeps the gear box shaft straight. Well some how the screw thighten it self up on the shaft and would give this alarm,it took me a few days of working on it to get it figured out but i got it working. I have not got the alarm again. I'm not sure what kind of machine you have but you may want to check that out.

Thanks

Can you sloved this problem or not?
    If not please check main contactor MCC1 behind circuit breaker.The problem should be occur at here.I had some this problem and find the root cause is control coil 24VDC is not stable so sometime DC24Volt is down so MCC1 is off and then control off together and you saw the Z axis move a bit.But Z axis that is indicator only.