585,997 active members*
5,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazak Nexus 510C-II Air Blast ( not thru spindle)

Mazak Nexus 510C-II Air Blast ( not thru spindle)

Hello all.
    I am trying to figure out how to direct air to my work piece using a Nexus 510c-II vertical mill, And a Horizontal with the same control( True 4th axis ).
    I just switched to the new machine a few days ago, I have been running an old VQC 15-40 from the mid 80's and I could just input an M9 then an M50 to blast some air onto my part while i was cutting dry with some insert cutters i use.

My problem is, the new Nexus doesn't like that M50. It just throws an error. Something about illegal M-Code. Anyone Know how to get some sort of air through the machine to my part?

The Horizontal will accept the M132 however when you turn on the spindle, the air thru the shank will cut off. And it will cut back on only when you stop the spindle.
    If anyone has any idea how to get some air through these machines it would be great.

Re: Mazak Nexus 510C-II Air Blast ( not thru spindle)

Air blast (M50) and air thru the spindle while running are options. That is why you get illegal M-code.

Re: Mazak Nexus 510C-II Air Blast ( not thru spindle)

depending on what type of machine you have(for other mazak users), matrix and smooth g you have to open your electrical book an go to parameter rb 7 bit 7, rb8 bit 0 & 1, change these to 1 (available).

if you have nexus control or lower you have to change parameter R2103 in the plc. go to diag,version,diag monitor(you may have to be in privelaged mode) . change the decimal value to 9090 in para R2103 which will rewrite para R2103 to 0010001110000010. (take pics of your plc parameters before making any changes as always) after changing any plc parameter you now must reboot your machine.
    m132 is your magic code and m9 will shut it off!

good luck!