584,837 active members*
5,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Run from here quit working

Hello all,

I am hoping one of you has experienced this problem and can help me find a solution.

I am running a CNC Plasma table using Mach3. I am creating my g-code using Sheetcam. Everything has been working fine including the run from here function in Mach3. That is until I installed a Proma THC and a floating z axis last weekend. The THC and the floating z work as expected (although I will likely up-grade to a better THC).

However since the installation, I have discovered that I am no longer able to stop the machine and then restart using the "run from here function". Whenever I try, the Mach3 software resets to the line immediately following the first line of g-code containing a g31 code instead of the line requested. It also does not give me the usual reposition request. So, I am forced to reload the code and run from line 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Run from here quit working

Is anyone using this same combination (Sheetcam, Mach3, THC and floating z) and are able to still use the run from here feature in Mach3? Perhaps there is a different post processor that I should be using?

Re: Run from here quit working

I am running that combination with a orphan DynaCnc machine. It is not a Proma THC. I've attached my "Sheetcam" post, you will have to modify for your "zero" z axis switch offset.
    I don't know how the post would have disabled the "start from here" issue. Almost sounds like Mach3 is fritzed up.
    Good Luck
    Mike