585,925 active members*
3,464 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newby and a bit overwhelmed

Hello all,

Just yesterday got a X61500GTUSB from carving-cnc. I was hoping this would be a bit more plug and play than it is! If the company supplied instructions it would be great. They have a nice users manual with color pictures that tells how to assemble it but what is needed is a comprehensive guide to all the proper settings to be made within the Mach3 program in order to make this operate smoothly. I have been experimenting with it and finally found the Quick-Start guide posted here. That helped a lot but still not quite right...

Parkker

Re: Newby and a bit overwhelmed

Parkker,

The company that built your machine should be able to provide a XML file (unique to your machine) that has the parameters Mach3 requires.

Simply copy the xml file into the Mach3 folder and you are good to go.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by Parkker View Post
    Hello all,

Just yesterday got a X61500GTUSB from carving-cnc. I was hoping this would be a bit more plug and play than it is! If the company supplied instructions it would be great. They have a nice users manual with color pictures that tells how to assemble it but what is needed is a comprehensive guide to all the proper settings to be made within the Mach3 program in order to make this operate smoothly. I have been experimenting with it and finally found the Quick-Start guide posted here. That helped a lot but still not quite right...

Parkker
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Re: Newby and a bit overwhelmed

Thanks Jeff I will ask them about that. I am so excited to get good at using this thing and inspired by the amazing ideas people bring to life with this tech. This hobby has great potential rewards but the learning curve is steep especially for someone like me who is not a computer engineer or machinist!

Regards,

Parkker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1180371.jpg