585,973 active members*
3,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SC, NC, Ga

SC, NC, Ga

Any CNC users of Sheetcam, Mach 3 in NW SC, SW NC or NW Ga ?

Re: SC, NC, Ga

Using Mach3, Linuxcnc, and Vcarvepro in Hickory NC
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

I've tinkered a bit with LinuxCNC. I was trying to get a used CNC mini mill up and running again, but I just ended up converting it back to manual. Haven't had time to go over the electronics again yet. I just recently got another mini lathe to give it a go converting to CNC. Any suggestions on kits from eBay? The choices are... a bit overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Dave
    Are you still active?

Yeah. Building a new mill now
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Hey Folks;
    I use Mach 3 with windows near Spartanburg SC. My equipment includes a 4 X 4 servo driven wood router, a servo driven RF45 (not in service), a stepper driven sherline (engraving) and a Torus Pro Servo. I've been in the hobby for several years and have a working knowledge of Bobcad ver 26, and Aspire. If I can be of any help, let me know.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Old retired machinist here_67.Have HF mini mill,7x18 mini lathe(extend) drill presses,etc.Shade tree gunsmith.Just got a Chinese 3040 cnc router-mill with no idea on operating it.Old dog-new tricks.Would like to talk or see someone who knows what there are doing.Please feel free to call Ken 8032855713.I talk faster than I type.

If you close to Savannah, GA be happy to help. Cam Bam, Mach3, cnc 2x2 router, cnc X3 mill .
    Forget about global warming...Visualize using your turn signal!

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Dave
    would like to talk to someone in person,cant type fast.Trying to get started on Chinese cnc.Ken,Lancaster,SC-8032855713

I'm in nc between Lexington and Winston Salem. If anyone nearby needs any help I can most likely help to some degree. I am a full time machinist. I have been programming and operating cnc machines for 15 years.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by scretired View Post
    would like to talk to someone in person,cant type fast.Trying to get started on Chinese cnc.Ken,Lancaster,SC-8032855713
    anyway to contact you? My ph.8032855713,tks Ken

mach 3, dabbling in linuxcnc haven't full jumped into it yet, but like the interface- started out with shapeoko, and it grew from there, its 6' x 8.5' now, and becoming more useful.
    I can help if you have mach3, or various Chinese tb6600 drivers, or even wiring up the thing. I type better than I talk, so...just pm here. I am in Northeast Ga, near Braselton.

Hello ..I am in the Athens Ga area, 46yr hobbyist .
    I recently acquired a Harbor Freight x2, cnc fusion conversion and belt drive, running mach 3 with gecko drive 540 controller. new to cnc have used manual mills some. I am going to attempt permanent mount and "first time" I will tram and mount the new JTS 3" vise. Any advice will be appreciated.

also...I have been playing with learning g-code and cutting air, this seems like it will take forever, to program a part by hand. so ..Next i want to learn a cad/cam software so that i can run it. I learn quickly and am looking for an inexpensive "hobby price range" software that i can design a part, then convert/send to my mach 3 and go... thanks again for any input

Using Mach3, Aspire 4.5, Aspire V8, Artcam, Mastercam , Solidworks 2015, inkscape, LinuxCNC (fiddling around with it), Home made 6' x 8' CNC router with 3hp spindle- I can provide some help- more heads are better than one- so, if there is a problem, there is a solution.

Ken my name is Bill & I live in pageland sc & have some knowing about cnc I have built about 5 machines if you need you can call my.#7052614971

Quote Originally Posted by WLTEAM View Post
    Ken my name is Bill & I live in pageland sc & have some knowing about cnc I have built about 5 machines if you need you can call my.#7052614971
    Thank you , I have been busy, just moved to Royston ga, It is just outside of SC. My number is 706-248-6658
    I will call soon thanks again

Bill your inbox is full

Hey Carlos;
    Box is cleaned up! j Sorry!
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

hello,
    I am new to CNC. I have a Ebay 3040 CNC. Its all setup and work, but need help switching to USB. I looked at the tiny G, what are other options that I have. What is out there beside the Mach3? I
    will be using my cnc for cutting carbon fiber parts. Im in Charlotte, NC.

Thanks,
    Charles