585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > setting up an aggregate head in mastercam

Red face setting up an aggregate head in mastercam

ive been playing around trying to set up an alberti angle head on a haas vf4 mill not having much luck setting up in machine definition.

me too.

If you look in your C-hooks you will find "aggregat". You can use that to define your head. It is avialible in both V9 and X.

Unhappy

Where did you fin C-Hooks? As far as I know programming with a 90° head in mastercam is not possible in the mill portion. I was told you can do it in Router though.

The bad news is your VF4 does not support G17, G18 & G19 (axis swap).

I am drilling holes in the side of a long part and have run into the same problem.

We have a router, but do not have our aggregates setup as you might think. We simply put in a "dummy tool" that is setup in the Tool Library. Then after posting we go into our editor and swap out the dummy tool for the real one and it all works great.

C-hooks are found by pressing Alt-C
    Yes, you can program a 90 degree head in MasterCam mill using the "aggregat" C-hook.
    Here is a small example in Mill9
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Programming with a 90 degree head in Mastercam

You can find a full tutorial including video instructions on how to program a 90 degree head in Mastercam Here