584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > okuma impact lu 35 with okuma osp 7000l / tool touch off

okuma impact lu 35 with okuma osp 7000l / tool touch off

Our shop just aquired this particular machine but we dont know much about it. The machines we do have are Mori Sekie and Jonfords. These machines have tool touch off posts. I'm trying to find a simple answer on how to touch off tools for this machine.

Re: okuma impact lu 35 with okuma osp 7000l / tool touch off

is it equipped with touch setter?

I'm not sure. Like I said we don't know much about it. Also the previous operator's notes don't help much. All I know is the Z is set from the face of the jaws. But I don't know how to set this work shift or how to touch tools off in X

To set the Z workshift, first go to the tool offset screen and set the tool geometry manually to 0 by pressing SET 0 WRITE for all tools. Now move your tool to the zero point (it can be anywhere you want), go to the Zero Set screen, move the cursor to the Z, press CAL, type a number where you want your zero to be and press WRITE. Your work zero is now set.
    This is for a new machine where nothing is set. Once tools are set you can just go to the Zero Set screen and set your zero (move tool, CAL 0 WRITE)
    To set tools forget the tool setter B.S. you dont need it. The setter will only work properly if it is calibrated and that is a big hassle to do, especially if you don't even know the basics of tool setting or machine operation. You can set the geometry offset just like any Fanuc system.
    Using the same tool that you set the work zero with, for X, take a skim off the material, measure it then on the same offset screen, move to X, press CAL, type the number (your measured diameter) and press WRITE. that tool is now set (Z is 0 and X was calculated)

For other tools, index the turret to an unset tool. Move the tool to the Z zero or any known Z position (the Z0 position is ideal)
    Go to the Tool Offset screen, move the cursor to the tool number you want to set then across to Z. Press CAL and type a number (generally it will be 0) and press WRITE
    Take a skim off the material diameter, measure it then on the same offset screen, move to X, press CAL, type a number (your measured diameter) and press WRITE. That tool is now set. Repeat for all other tools from *

The setting procedures are in any Okuma manual, you should probably read the setting procedure at least, or better, the entire manual.

Ok thanks alot. This really helps