584,837 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Milltronics RW 15

Hello

I am new to CNC,
    I just bought Millonics RW15 , 7200

I am planning to use FeatureCam or SolidCam , is there any one has post processor for either of CAM ,

thanks in advance for your help.

Mill2014

Re: Milltronics RW 15

I looked into FeatureCam years ago and it came with a Centurion post. Not sure about SolidCam. We use Surfcam here and it also comes with a Centurion post although I can't recommend the program in its current state.

Thanks

what version of Surfcam are you using ?

I'm using version 6 from about a year or 2 years ago. I've looked at what is available currently and it's no different. We stopped paying maintenance when they stopped giving anything in return. With the new owners it should change but it may take a while. They have been releasing "sneak peaks" at what's coming and it looks a lot better, but who knows when it will be released. Looks is one thing, what it does is really what counts. Surfcam makes good code and that has never been it's problem. The problem has always been with it's terrible interface. It has never been user friendly. When it went from DOS to Windows it never changed, it basically ran DOS inside of Windows for years. It's better than it was 10 years ago but not much better than it was 5 years ago.

What are you using now?

thank , I just bought the machine( last weed) , I am trying to find a proper CAM software with proper post Processing for the machine.

so for the moment I am not using anything .

Before you buy anything I would check out the dealers in your area. Dealers can make a huge difference. Your going to need training regardless of the software you use, especially if you haven't run one before. It would be important to me to have someone close I can run to for help. There are programs that run with SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor that are almost free if you just do 2-1/2D machining. If you're doing 3D, then you may need to look at higher end programs like Mastercam, Surfcam, Delcam, or even Featurecam. Look at CAM 360, from what If heard it sounds like a pretty good deal if you already have SW or Inventor. Post processors are pretty easy to get and shouldn't be a concern but ask a dealer.

Amen, Moldcore. After specific programming features, dealer support is probably the single most important factor on deciding on a CAD/CAM package.

What kinds of tool paths do you need? The Conversational Programming that is built into the control is quite powerful and you can usually create most of the 2 1/2 axis programs that a job shop will use.

thanks for all your help.

I heard a lot of good thing about the conversational programming for Milltronics . but manually input all this Data would take long time , so I was trying to use CAM software to communicate with the machine and upload the data.

I do drawing in Solid works, I was thinking to use Feature Cam or Solid CAM.

here is a picture of a part I am trying to do

Attachment 252436

Looks all 2D from the picture. Use HSMXpress for Solidworks. Free download from Autodesk.

yes, it is 2D. Thanks

i will DL the software and check of the post works well with the Milltronics