585,753 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Missing ‘Tab Cutoff’ operation when selecting Nest toolpath with separate tab cutoff

Missing ‘Tab Cutoff’ operation when selecting Nest toolpath with separate tab cutoff

In Mastercam X6, when I attempt to create a Nest toolpath with Parts that have separate Tab Cutoff toolpath, I get a message that reads:

‘Tab Cutoff’ not found in your operation defaults file C\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\SHARED MCAMX6\ROUTER\OPS\ROUTER_INCH.DEFAULTS-6

When I check the Control Definition Manager, I do not see any operations for Tab Cutoff under the 2D operations, or any operation.

So, what am I missing here? What am I doing wrong? If I need to add a “Tab Cutoff” operation to the Control Definition Manager, how do I do that?

Thanks for helping me.
    Mike

Re: Missing ‘Tab Cutoff’ operation when selecting Nest toolpath with separate tab cut

A quick stab in the dark as have a snack ! Check some of your 2d contour paths , you might have tab cutoffs selected in there when you didnt mean to

Re: Missing ‘Tab Cutoff’ operation when selecting Nest toolpath with separate tab cut

Hi MachinistDan,

Thanks for the stab in the dark. Sometimes that generates a solution, but not this time. To double check, I created a very simple circle with four tabs, and then created a contour toolpath with Tab Cutoff operation selected with "Separate Operation" checked. This generated two toolpaths -- one for the contour, and one for cutting off the tabs. There is no other toolpath in this test file. And, if I go back and unselected the Tab Cutoff option in the contour toolpath, then the Tab Cutoff toolpath disappears altogether. So there is no other toolpath that has tab cutoff selected (since there is no other toolpath in this test I ran).

If the program is run by itself (generating an NC file for just one part), everything works fine. But if a new Mastercam file is created with Nest toolpath and this part is selected, then an error message appears that reads

‘Tab Cutoff’ not found in your operation defaults file C\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\SHARED MCAMX6\ROUTER\OPS\ROUTER_INCH.DEFAULTS-6

So, I have no idea how to solve this problem, and would love to find out how. Any other suggestions? If you don't mind, perhaps you could run a quick and simple test yourself. Maybe you will see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
    Mike