584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Colchester CNC 2000

I have problem with the above machine using FANUC OTA. The machine remains in Feed hold mode (Feed hold LED
    on). However there are no alarms displayed on the CRT and cycle-start does not work.

Can anyone supply circuit diagrams for the machine and/or diagnostic parameter information?

How can alarms display be enabled on the machine?

I am suspecting a slide guard sensor issue since this seems to have been removed by the previous
    owner. We applied 24 V to PLC X0.7 (*GOPN) and the bit toggles. but still the machine does not start in auto mode.

The machine can be jogged manually. Any info will be useful since I just have a hard copy of the ladder.

Does anyone have FANUC OTA Operators Manual for this machine?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Colchester CNC 2000

Hi
    For the machine to run in auto it needs the door closed and it needs to know that the chuck is closed.
    [email protected]

The machine uses a manual chuck and so there are no chuck sensors.
    Someone had removed the door lock. Do you have any information on the door lock (shot-bolt) and associated sensor wiring?
    Thanks

In your ladder prints check to see what can drop out G121.5 (*SP) This puts the machine in Feed Hold when G121.1 goes low. You can verify the state on the Diagnostic page. search doe 121 and look at bit 5 (xx1xxxxx) where x means don't care.

G121.5 is enabled by R640.0 (feedhold flag).
    R640.0 is triggered by:
    blocked filter or axis lube fault or head stock lube fault or end of bar or
    swarf con not running messages
    or feedhold push button or cycle hold flag or M00 flag or

(optional stop AND M01.L).

We are not getting any error messages.

Are the Rxxx.x values available on the diagnostic page?
    Also are Fxxx.x values visible on the diag pages?
    Thanks

You can view the R addresses and F address. However, they won't be labeled that way. Fanuc just displays the number only and it is assumed to have the R or F address in front.Press the "No" button on the MDI keypad, then enter 640, press the INPUT button, it will display 640 in a binary form (640 00000000) the bit assignment is 76543210 so to verify if bit 0 (640.0) is on look at the bit to the right 00000001 If it is not on the follow your ladder diagram till you find what is preventing that from coming on. Any address can be looked at on the Diagnostic page by searching that address number without the address letter. Hope this helps

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for the info. I have checked the relevant ladder sections (in the attached 2 files).

Feedhold (NOT) is controlled by R640.0 (FH.F).
    Now FH.F is remaining at 1, even though cycle-start is pressed. This is being caused by R652.2 = 1 (cycle hold flag).
    All the other branches are at logic 0.

Then I checked the ladder for R652.2 (attached diagram). The situation is as follows:
    F292.5 changes from 0 to 1 when cycle start push button is pressed (as it should).
    F292.7 is 0 and R669.7 is also 0. so this branch is = 0.

X0.7 (NOT GDPN) (slide guard) is 1 (we had to apply a direct 24V to the relevant PLC I/O module to achieve this since someone had
    removed the slide door mechanism. So NOT X0.7 = 0 i.e. this branch is also = 0.

Now the situation is quite strange, since the according to the ladder R652,2 should go to 0 when F292.5 goes to 1.
    However, R652.2 is always 1. Just a side-note: F292.7 (cycle hold push button) remains 0 even when the cycle-hold
    button is pressed.

Could it be that there is some update to the ladder? It seems like the PLC logic is not following the ladder or
    else the sliding door switch is mapped to some other PLC input. Any info about this please?

Thank you very very much for your help.

Looks like your Feed Hold Button failed. It should me ON when NOT pressed and off when it is. I have attached a document on how the operator panel is laid out. Not sure if the self diagnostic feature will work on your unit or not.
    Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your quick reply. We will try the diagnostic mode for sure.
    I just did not understand your last point: should F292.6 (Feed hold PB) be 1? It is currently 0.
    I did not try the response of the Feedhold PB. However, if F292.6, will this not cause FH.F (Feedhold flag) to go to 1?
    We need to get FH.F to go to 0 to get the machine to work.

Or are you referring to F292.7 (cycle hold PB). Right now this is blocked to 0 (not responding). I am not worrying about this
    since in this state it should not cause R652.2 (cycle hold flag) to go to 1.

Or am I missing something?

Thank you very much again.

The buttons for entering diag mode are mapped to Single block and auto. We tried to enter diag mode, but with no success.
    Is there some other way forward please?
    Thanks

Hi, do you have the page where is F cicle start? G120.2) best regards

the feed hold G signal, must be 1 all the time, when you press feed hold button (=F***.*) the G feed hold sinal goes 0. This is ok. Do you have all the ladder?