585,885 active members*
6,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > chinese spindle strip dowm 1.5Kw air cooled

chinese spindle strip dowm 1.5Kw air cooled

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to strip down one of these spindles, tried the straight forward approach and removed all of the visable screws but does not want to come apart.
    Main reason is the bearings require re packing as I have noticed an increase in noise from the unit.
    So far I have searched the internet for videos, drawings and pictures, nothing has come up, any suggestions would help.
    I don't always go onto this site so my email address is [email protected]

Mick

Re: chinese spindle strip dowm 1.5Kw air cooled

To all first I have found how to strip, second I will take pictures and find a way to post on to the site.

First once the end cap plug end is removed the fan unit must be undone this is a left hand thread so beaware, grip fan blade by placing a adjustable wrench inbetween the fins using a spanner to match the flats on the spindle collet end undo the fan, remove the cover the 2 top bearings are there, to remove the angular contact bearings collet end you will require an end pin spanner to locate into the alloy collar, hold collar and turn shaft with a spanner, carefully unthread the collar but be carefull not to cross thread the collar on the collet nut threads there are the same thread.

Hope this is of some use to any one, I also note that the spindle uses shielded SKF bearings to c3 clearance standard at the plug end.