585,906 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New dolphin website

I just wanted to give my feedback to your new website and marketing. I received an email about the new blog and website so I took a look at it.

In my opinion it is a little deceptive as looking at the videos you guys mostly show the simulation sceenshots and video which looks nice( which I'm sure that's why it is the only screen shots you have on there) but you do not show the actual cad or cam screens. The actual cad and cam design sceens are a lot less impressive looking and actually not impressive looking at all compared to other software out these days. So to me looking at your website I would be let down if I purchased the software when I saw the actual program.

Not meaning to bash I am a former Dolphin user just think you guys should the whole program, not just the best looking part of it.

Re: New dolphin website

Thank you for the comments. While we do acknowledge it may not have the best eye candy, Dolphin is extremely simple to use, and offers quite a bit. Most users that give the software the time, end up making great work with it. In any event, to avoid any wrong purchases, it's why we give a fully functional demo to show everything. I'm not sure any other CAM provider does this without crippling most of the features, including the most import, generating actual code.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Re: New dolphin website

I have Version 10 of Partmaster and use the Turn module.
    I agree that it could look prettier, but that typically comes from normal updates to the software. At least that part (updated GUI) doesn't get much work done. What is new from V10 is the 3D simulation, so I think they took care of what was lacking in the GUI with that addition.
    Fully functional Demo's are also a plus and a selling feature. Having a Hobby version is also a selling point that has my interest. I hand coded all my production parts long ago before I ever had Dolphin. I originally bought it so I could make some chess sets for personal use. Now that project has stalled, but not because of Dolphin. I am picking it back up and considering an update for what I have.
    I also looked at Lazy Cam and Turn. It is a non starter I think.
    I downloaded a Demo of Visual Turn as well. I can't hardly get started with it. They also want to charge for any training and have zero video tutorials for turn that I could find. While the GUI is nice, it isn't intuative. Plus they ask a premium price.
    EZ Cam is another I have looked into. The website is terrible an pretty much non navigable. Another non starter. With a name like EZ, it better be.
    Sooo, I'm okay with Dolphin and the new website looks nice and works.
    Lee