585,744 active members*
5,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > problem with cnc reading bob/cad OR something

Question problem with cnc reading bob/cad OR something

:drowning: Hey guys, I am trying to link my computer to my cnc I have the post prossor: and the cable. I am using bob/cad v21. The cnc is giving me error (in-/out not ready) I wish I was a pro at this kind of things, but O'well. Can anyone help me please, your advise will help. thankyou, johnathon

Do you have the proper post set up? is it generating the G code in the proper language for your control? What machine do you have? Are the com paramater's set up wright Xon Xof Bod rate Ect.? With more info I'm Sure one of us could help Kevin

go to cam side file- set-up see below and the got to send and make sure you have that set-up write. Are you using the 9-pin com port and not the printer port
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9-8.JPG  

Johnathon you also can vist http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php and http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php Both site are for Bobcad user

kevin post pros. is ISO G-code format for a heidenhain controler, (port:com1),brad rate(9600), data bits(7) party(even) stop bits(1), Handshake is software and (xon xoff) line delay is 0. I star the line with % and G70 witch is in Inchs. The cnc is got three settings on rs-332 port, ME, FE, EXT. You have to go throught the MOD fuction in Programming and editing screen.
    thankyou johnathon