584,830 active members*
5,561 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > Maintenance DIY Discussion > Need some tool lists of whats in your tool box, and what you cant live without

Need some tool lists of whats in your tool box, and what you cant live without

started working on our CNC machines at work. because the maintenance man left to live closer to family after working there 25 years.

im only 23, and went to school for automotive service technology, Welding, and Machine tool technology

i just love fixing things... after diagnosing failed servo drives, replacing bearings, cables, motors, servos ETC...

i have a feeling my boss has confidence in me now, and i think they will continue having me do repairs.

So,.... id like to know whats some of your favorite tools? if you have to go out in the field whats a list of tools that you couldn't go without?

would like to get some detailed lists guys,

Thanks ahead of time.

Re: Need some tool lists of whats in your tool box, and what you cant live without

Obvious, top of the list is a decent VOM meter, a typical electricians tool kit with fuse puller, Channel locks, Hand crimper for terminations, Allen Keys metric and Imperial, a 'scope is an asset, a lap top with a serial port, if your doing the mechanical also, then a bearing puller and if it will run to it, a hyd bearing press.
    Micrometer/dial gauge.
    A few for now.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: Need some tool lists of whats in your tool box, and what you cant live without

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Obvious, top of the list is a decent VOM meter, a typical electricians tool kit with fuse puller, Channel locks, Hand crimper for terminations, Allen Keys metric and Imperial, a 'scope is an asset, a lap top with a serial port, if your doing the mechanical also, then a bearing puller and if it will run to it, a hyd bearing press.
    Micrometer/dial gauge.
    A few for now.
    Al.
    have all above, except the "scope" you mean like a labscope?

i was thinking about getting a borescope, or a fiber inspection cameras. cause i have been in many situations so far that i couldnt quiet see something. and had to pull covers and parts to get to. only to realize that wasnt the problem. something like this. http://www.jccayer.com/productphoto2.../2310-21_2.jpg

Just a run-of-the-mill Oscilloscope.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.