584,802 active members*
4,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Bought A jcut 6090, has Mach3.... I have a question about generating gcode

Bought A jcut 6090, has Mach3.... I have a question about generating gcode

Ive programmed both CAD and CAM in CATIA in years past at a company I worked for in Michigan. I have a project I needed the accuracy of a mill so I purchased a jcut6090A, it was in good shape low hours etc.... It came with Mach3 and CAMSOFT. My question is Ive designed the parts I need (very simple 2d parts) in Solidworks. Can I simply purchase CAMworks to program the cutter path, then output the gcode to Mach3??

If you were me what would you do to quickly and easily program to the 6090A?

Thanks for your help in advance

Re: Bought A jcut 6090, has Mach3.... I have a question about generating gcode

I am not familiar with CamSoft but I would recommend Vectric Cut2d for your application. The software is $250 and will output your g-code for Mach3. It will import dxf files or you can draw directly in the software. Check out Vectric Ltd - Passionate About CNC. For cnc routing their software is unbeatable.

Bob
    Santa Fe, TX

Thanks for your reply. Although I wont really be utilizing any complex 3d surface milling, I would like to purchase A simple CAM that would allow me to utilize my 3d models. Is there a fairly good, nothing too crazy CAM that would give me that option for a reasonable price?

Vectric's "vectorart 3d machinist" is a freebie. Cut3d is more powerful at 299.00. I have VcarvePro, Cut3d. I do my drawing on TurboCad. There are a lot of options. 3d drawing with SketchUp is a freebie. Parts created in SketchUp can be imported to VCarvePro. There are a lot of options. 3d machinist is a free download. Other vectric software can be downloaded as a trial. TurboCad Deluxe is $129. Lots of power for little money.

Bob

Hi Jeff,

I guess I'm in a similar position to yourself, I'm about to buy a 6090 (also a jcut) and I have many years programming experience with industrial cnc programming software (edgecam & delcam) but now want to get a "cheap home version" for my projects. I haven't got hold of a product yet so i can't point you in a specific direction, but if your only talking basic 2d then wont one of the free packages suffice? (freemill etc) Thats what I'll be trying for my 2d stuff. I have had a play also with the vectric software and if I start any 3d work I'll probably go this way.

Your point on camworks, the last time I had a play with this software it was a bolt on to solidworks, so assuming it hasn't lost any functionality over the last 7 yrs then it would also be suitable for 2d (but maybe a little expensive??)

Any route you decide to go I would advise you simply ALWAYS trail a free version before you pay your cash out...

JQ

Since your machine has Mach3 almost any software will have a post processor which will write for Mach3.