584,865 active members*
4,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > 2200W BLDC and C11G BOB wiring assistance please!

2200W BLDC and C11G BOB wiring assistance please!

Hey guys,

In trying to get my machine up and going again and have installed the sangmutan 2.2kw bldc motor as my spindle motor and would like to connect it to my c11g with the forward/reverse start stop functions and am a bit confused by the instructions... Was hoping someone could help me better understand them.

I was using a treadmill motor and kbb controller before and it used 0-10v to control speed but it only had a relay power on function and was poetry straight forward... This new setup is a bit different.

Page Title

the instructions can be found in the link above to see if anyone can better make sense and help me figure out how to get it working with my c11g BOB.

Thanks!

Chris

Post Re: 2200W BLDC and C11G BOB wiring assistance please!

lcvette,

Try contacting Chris, he uses a Sangmutan motor and should be able to provide a more detailed wiring diagram.

See the attached link for more info:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...tml#post800897

CN15 is described in the attached PDF, I believe the connector is a 7 pin Micro JST 1.25 T-1 available on eBay:

Micro JST 1 25 T 1 7 Pin Connector Plug with Wire x 10 Sets | eBay

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cnn.jpg   CN15.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Re: 2200W BLDC and C11G BOB wiring assistance please!

Thanks! I picked up the connector pigtail already and have a separate 12v power supply and have wired the 0-10v analog out o the motor controller but I'm a little unsure about starting, stopping, fwd/rev Wiring to the c11g Bob and what settings in mach3 to accompany them.

I'm a bit nervous I'm going to hurt something by wiring it up incorrectly...

I was using a tread mill motor and kbb controller so I learned to tune the motor in mach, but it only spun one direction and was powered on with a relay and analog voltage out for rpm.

This is a little more complex, at least I think it is... Lol

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

A simple momentary connection between ground and a control terminal on CN15 should give a good indication of functionality before making breakout board connections.

You are over thinking the complexity of the BLCD control.

I would be happy to talk you through it when you have dedicated time.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I would greatly appreciate any help, it's almost 3am here... I'm gonna get some sleep, but, whenever you have time I'll make it on my end!

Jeff,

I got the motor up and running, you were correct, it required a steady state change from ground state!

I am having trouble with the rpm, mach3 is outputting a linear 0-10v output for analog control, which is working, I just have a scaling issue in the controller I think, it needs more voltage in the lower rpm range. I followed several documents to calibrate it but all had the same results with minor changes. The issue seems to be that the controller needs a non linear vintage curve to achieve the commanded rpm.

I want to connect the rpm pulse output from the controller to mach through my breakout board but have not found much information on it yet, you don't by chance have any input on that do you?

I then can use the closed loop calibration function in mach to adjust the voltage curve output for accurate spindle speeds.

Thanks Jeff!

Chris

Lightbulb PWM accuracy or calibration should not be a relevant factor.

Chris,

Does your controller have a hall output CN12 connection< I beleive pin 2 of cn12 is the hall output.

Connecting pin 2 of cn12 to the index input should provide the spindle DRO with the correct r.p.m. (one pulse per r.p.m.) .

This way the PWM accuracy would not be a relevant factor.

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Jeff,

I got the motor up and running, you were correct, it required a steady state change from ground state!

I am having trouble with the rpm, mach3 is outputting a linear 0-10v output for analog control, which is working, I just have a scaling issue in the controller I think, it needs more voltage in the lower rpm range. I followed several documents to calibrate it but all had the same results with minor changes. The issue seems to be that the controller needs a non linear vintage curve to achieve the commanded rpm.

I want to connect the rpm pulse output from the controller to mach through my breakout board but have not found much information on it yet, you don't by chance have any input on that do you?

I then can use the closed loop calibration function in mach to adjust the voltage curve output for accurate spindle speeds.

Thanks Jeff!

Chris

Jeff,

It does have the cn12, so it is just the single write needed no thing else?

I connected it and set the pin under indexing, and I am getting crazy readings....

Jumping all around from like 70000 to 1000000

Chris,

cn12 outputs continuously one pulse per rpm (100 r.p.m = 100 pulses) - (10,000 r.p.m = 10,000 pulses)

The index input reads/monitors each and every pulse.

Jeff...

I connected it and set the pin under indexing, and I am getting crazy readings....

Jumping all around from like 70000 to 1000000
    What voltage is pin 2 outputting?

Jeff...

0.10v

There are 2 other pins, do I need to power them?

And it bounces around a bit

Jeff if you look at the thread below this one I have attached all the documentation with pictures.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

is the gnd pin on cn12 attached to the C11 ground?

0.10v

There is continuity between those two ground pins yes.