586,024 active members*
3,681 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arrow KFLOP with Leadshine Easy Servo

Hi, I have just taken receipt of my Leadshine Easy Servo drive system that I intend to use for my CNC Router Build. However, I have rather foolishly only recently realized that I will need a Motion Controller to use these closed loop stepper motors to the full potential. I have done some research and seems that my machine will now get considerably more complicated using a Motion Controller and i hadn't anticipated the cost of these devices.

The KFLOP seems to be the Motion Controller of choice and I had narrowed down to this, however I have just noticed that the KFLOP doesn't accept differential encoder inputs but rather single ended. Unfortunatelly my Leadshine Easy Servos use differential signals for the encoder outputs, which creates a problem. Continuing my reading of the Dynomotion F.A.Q.s I see that i can use a Kanalog device with the KFLOP to provide the differential encoder signals that I require, and now this where my problem starts.

The KFLOP is 249 USD + tax and for it to fit my application it seems I have to add on top of this an additional 249 USD + vat for the Kanalog, which now puts the solution out of my price range at almost 500 USD + vat. So now it is more expensive than the Leadshine DMC2410 motion Control Card, which is also too expensive.

So, my questions, is there a way around this, is it not possible for me to just use the KFLOP and configure the encoder inputs some how......?

any help would be very much appreciated.

sincerely
    G.

Re: KFLOP with Leadshine Easy Servo

As far as I know, the closed loop type easy servo drives and motors from Leadshine, has the closed loop internally between the motor and the drives. So no special motion controller is needed to run these, as the drives will know how far the motors have moved. Hence called a closed loop system.

Hi IN-WondeR

Yes of course, that does make sense, thank you. Do you have any experience with the KFLOP, would you recommend this motion controller?

These are the links to my leadshine easy servo system items that I have purchased:

Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd.

I have no knowledge of the KFLOP, but I have heard good things about it though.

The kit you have bought looks to be very nice... Would have wanted one myself if I did not already have a big NEMA 34 kit on mine.. Although I am using Leadshine drives.

Can I ask how you are driving your Stepper Motors and what success/performance you have had?

I'm using Leadshine AM882 digital stepper drives.

My motors however are a cheap Chinese type, so way to much inductance on the coils. Plan to get new ones at a later time when the money is there for it.
    I'm using a Korean made BOB to send the signals to my drives.
    My performance "because of the motors" are fair, but far from optimum. I can do 600RPM on the motors and no more, then they stall because of the high inductance on the motors.

These are my drives. Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd.

This is my BOB: Cnc Breakout Board, CM-101

These are my motors: 【German free ship】Promote 3PCS CNC NEMA34 Stepper Motor 1600 OZ-IN,151mm,4leads | eBay

All run of a homemade 70VDC power supply, and a 24VDC power supply for the breakout board.

Performance wise It's really ok for my present use, and gives an ok speed of the gantry of 6m/min rapids.

However with the easy servo system I would probably easily get 15m/min on rapids if I wanted.

Hello,

I'm using KFlop + KStep and also have plans to try KFlop + Leadshine closed-loop drives. Honestly, could not decide for myself what's beffer: KFlop + Leadshine CL or KFlop + KSnapAmp. Pefhaps, the last couple, but I would need several SnapAmps, so would be more expensive. KFlop is a good controller, specially if you like and ready to program yourself. It gives good abilities to customize your design, make it good for you. At the same time KFlop is somewhat not finished in development, but this is also nice from other hand.

Regards,
    Alexa Flame

We offer a connector bard for the Kflop that allows direct connection to our C32 and C62 breakout boards which can connect to the easy servo using the the C34ES-DH board.

C68

C62

C32

C34ES-DH

You may want to check out the wiring diagram and BOM of this controller:

CX5EA12-1

Arturo Duncan
    http://cnc4pc.com

Hi Arturo

Thank you for the post, you have some interesting devices on your website. I am actually using the ES-D series rather than the high voltage ES-DH type; I think your CX5EA 12-1 is for the ES-DH type. thank you for the information though, it was very much appreciated and has highlighted a good product website for me as well.

G.

G,

I am pretty sure these connectors will work with your drivers:

CNC4PC

They have the same pinout.

Check out this control box:

CNC4PC

Arturo Duncan
    :: CNC4PC :: iNtRo

Hi arturod

Yes I see what you have done now, I was looking at the breakout board with the large D connector, but yes I agree you have breakout boards for my Leadshine drivers as well. The control box is also very nice as well.

Thank you for your support.
    Gerard.