585,898 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > V3 post for FANUC 10 has the wrong sign on K numbers

V3 post for FANUC 10 has the wrong sign on K numbers

So, I'm using a universal mill in the vertical spindle configuration. However, as far as the controller is concerned the axes are set up as a horizontal mill. It has led to some non-traditional axis transformations in my post processor. In any case, I've toyed with it quite a bit and I can get it to output perfect G-code except "K" numbers (Y arc center) all have the wrong sign. What gives?

I have played with default > current settings > machine definition. It's not intuitive to me. It seems like changing signs sometimes changes output signs but not always. I have also modified the post config file. Interestingly, if you define the prefix for X moves as"X-" it totally works and reverses all of the signs. However for I, J, and K it doesn't work. It just interprets it as a string and outputs K--1.5, and K-0 for example. I doubt my controller will accept the double negative...

Any ideas? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: V3 post for FANUC 10 has the wrong sign on K numbers

Well, I thought I had tried every permutation but shortly after submitting my post I think I got it. I just had to play with the transformations a bit longer. Thank you for sending the good vibes!