585,758 active members*
4,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > For all Yasnac J300 Controllers There is third party memory upgrade option!

Lightbulb For all Yasnac J300 Controllers There is third party memory upgrade option!

We had this now installed for over 2 years or so, its been running great! from the 64k to the 2mb! thats such an improvement!

I can not talk about price exactly as it was intro price for us, but you can call/email and get a quote, the price I will say is about less then half of what the OEM dealer Matsuura would ask, cause we had that quoted too, im sure 1mb will be a little cheaper which would make it even more appealing.

I believe they request your original board, there is quite the detailed process on how to back up your machine param and all the stuff, as you will have to reload it, but anyone that can follow instructions and has some time can do it.

Yasnac Memory Upgrades

This was installed on late 90's MC-510VG mill.:banana:

Re: For all Yasnac J300 Controllers There is third party memory upgrade option!

Yes - there is a Yasnac J300 memory upgrade available to 2 megs (5120M) from Nexas Networks. The kit comes with a special PCMCIA flash card, JMM01-02 board and instructions. All one needs is a laptop with PMCCIA card reading capabilities (or a USB PCMCIA reader available separately) and you can install the unit yourself. Nexas asks that you send back the old JMM01-01 that was mounted on the JCP01 board. There is also free tech support as Nexas is the only vendor out there who makes this Yasnac J300 memory Upgrade kit. By maximizing the part program storage memory, the Yasnac J300 continues to be a useful work horse on the shop floor. Check out Nexas Networks - Computer Integrated Manufacturing for more details...

Re: For all Yasnac J300 Controllers There is third party memory upgrade option!

Hi durtort...
    Please be careful here. If you have not upgraded J300 before you can "skunk" the whole machine.
    You have to back everything up correctly or when you try to reload the CPAL file it can crash!
    If you would like me to quote you a price for install and backup I can do that for you.
    EMail me at [email protected]