584,800 active members*
4,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > V Carve possible changes

V Carve possible changes

I'm new with the Vcarve software but there is a couple of things I would like to see added. The software is great and very easy to use but in my lonely opiion it could use a few options.

(1) Ramping of the bit

(2) choice of direction rather then a circuliar motion for pockets.

I do a lot of work with hard woods and the rotation of the pocket cuts across the grain is to much on larger pieces. It would be nice if there was a choice for end to end type milling to follow the grain of the wood.

I don't want to start a big debate, but I'm sure the developer of the software would like to hear all of our inputs towards making usefull improvements.

I'm not here to trash the software.. It's great!! Maybe you have something to add.

Brian
    AccuCut Designs.

I am sure Tony and Brian from Vectric will have a reply for you soon. They have worked tirelessly to improve and already great piece of software.
    You can also visit the vectric forums and post your request.

http://vectric.com/forum

Jason

Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to post your enhancement ideas and requests. I totally agree that additional cutting strategies to make the software more flexible and functional are important and we will be looking at your requests for the next release.

Although we do try to review the CNCZone on a regular basis, it's a very busy forum and we might easily miss your feedback. Therefore, I would recommend that you post your ideas and requests on the Vectric Forum where other users are posting their feedback and ideas. This makes it much easier for us to compile the information as well as get a feel for how important requests are for other customers.

There is a dedicated thread for enhancemnet ideas,

See > Vectric Forum Wish List

Being honest and open with you, I have to say that our development plans have to be targetted at addressing the needs of the majority. This means developing features that we beleve will be most useful for the Sign makers, Hobbyists, Woodworkers and Engravers.

Regards,
    Tony