585,762 active members*
4,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Write Protect Issue - Fanuc Robodrill D21MiB5adv PLUS with 31i-B5 Plus control

Write Protect Issue - Fanuc Robodrill D21MiB5adv PLUS with 31i-B5 Plus control

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I am very familiar with Fanuc controls. So, I hope that I am posting this correctly to hopefully get a response from someone that can help me with an issue that I am currently having. I just bought a new Fanuc Robodrill D21MiB5adv PLUS with 31i-B5 Plus control and I can't seem to change a lot of the parameters that I have always been able to change on my older Robodrills that have a Fanuc 31i, but don't have the "PLUS" version of this control. Every time I go to change a parameter, I get a "WRITE PROTECT" message that pops up on the screen. I have already turned PWE on, put it in MDI, and even pressed the E-stop button, but nothing seems to allow me to change the machine parameters that I need to alter to get the machine setup for what we need. This Robodrill is brand new and was just installed about 2 weeks ago by the MTB. I have reached out to the MTB about this issue with "WRITE PROTECT" coming up every time I try to change a parameter and they are not sure what is causing this. They even went out on their showroom floor to try and replicate what I was doing on the exact same type of Robodrill with the same control, and they are having the same issues that I am. I was told that they are dealing with Fanuc on this, but I still haven't heard anything back from them and I desperately need to get this done to get the machine set up for our needs. I am assuming there's some type of password or something else that is locking me out of the parameters, but no one seems to know anything about it currently. I am just wondering if anyone else has run across this. If so, could you please shed some light on what you had to do to get past this?

Re: Write Protect Issue - Fanuc Robodrill D21MiB5adv PLUS with 31i-B5 Plus control

On the new controllers PLUS series of Robodrill ,Fanuc decided not to let the end user mess with the important parameters that refers to 4th and 5th axis as i think you are trying to do now
    you can still change the other standard parameters
    what parameters do you want to change for example?