585,605 active members*
3,300 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > MIlltronics Centruion 6 486 Bios settings

MIlltronics Centruion 6 486 Bios settings

I need to replace the real time clock in my Milltronics mill, but I can not get into the 486 computer's Bios at this point to record the original Bios settings. Does anyone have the Bios settings recorded so I can replace the real time clock and reset the Bios ? Or conversely can anyone tell me how to get into the Bios screen to record the settings? The only thing I can do when the machine boots and fails is hit the F1 key that throws me into the system screen, but I can not navigate that screen with the MIlltronics keypad other than to restart the 486 and get to the same point.
    Thank You!
    BKBridges

Should be a keyboard jack behind the front panel mounted onto your keyboard card. control alt delete once you get the keyboard mounted and press delete at boot to get to your bios, then do what you want to.

Re: MIlltronics Centruion 6 486 Bios settings

There are many different sets of settings because there are so many different motherboard/BIOS combinations.

There is a place to plug in a AT style (large round DIN connector) computer keyboard. If you don't see one on the outside in the front panel area, there is one on the top of the Keypad Encoder Card located inside the front panel behind the alpha-numeric keypads.

Once you have plugged a keyboard in, you have the characters to navigate the CMOS set-up screens. I don't remember ever having to replace a clock chip on a motherboard. I have replaced a lot of motherboard batteries and batteries on simdisk cards and I suspect this may be your problem.

Re: MIlltronics Centruion 6 486 Bios settings

Allen and zzzz
    Sweet. I dug up an old keyboard that should work. Will give it a try this weekend whe I get back to the machine. The Dallas clock on the MB looks like the culprit though. Ill check the simdisk card battery out as well Thank You,
    BKB