585,683 active members*
5,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Post Processor Files > Bridgeport EZ Track DX 2 cotrol panel needs help!!

Bridgeport EZ Track DX 2 cotrol panel needs help!!

Hello I need to get a new pendant display and control panel for my mill. Is ther anything out there for this other than what is supplied by Bridgeport, and if so where can I get it?

If you want an OEM duplicate, you're going to have to go to EMI for a service item - be prepared to pay plenty!!!!!

In our case, when the lame 9" B/W CRT died, we simply plugged in a 17" monitor from a PC.

The key pad was repaced by a regular keyboard from another PC. There is a way to plug it into the existing panel via swapping some plugs on the back of the pendant but I'm not at the shop and I have a diagram on my machine to explain it - we bounce from keyboard to key pad and switch back and forth all the time.

You can also replace the B/W CRT with a flat panel LCD screen and a keyboard. Go here for instructions how:

http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?pa..._v2&id=64&c=38

Thanks for the info we did set up a different monitor and now it seems like there are issues with the video card.

We've had situations where some Dell and specifically some Gateway monitors can have problems with "generic" VGA/SVGA video cards. The Gateways were specifically problematic.

In our case, the SVGA card is/was the one that came with the machine. It ran fine with the 17" monitor we installed.

Finding older ISA slot video cards is not always easy to do anymore. The last place I saw any being offered to any degree was in the Jameco catalog.

You might want to start looking for a motherboard. We ran into slot problems with the OEM board - that's what you could be seeing if you all of a sudden start having card problems.

If you do replace the M/B with a PC style, do NOT use anything faster than a 133mhz Pentium.