584,837 active members*
5,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > HELP PLEASE!!!!...Fanuc DC Spindle Drive

HELP PLEASE!!!!...Fanuc DC Spindle Drive

Hi All,

Can anyone provide me the Maintenance manual/connection diagram of the following Fanuc DC spindle Drive:FUJITSU FANUC

SPINDLE SERVO UNIT
    SP-6
    MAIN PCB No :A20B-0008-0374/02 10E
    ORIENTATION PCB No :A20B-0008-0030/02 02B
    DRAWING No :A06B-6041-H106
    Manu No : KOX-01651

I am retrofitting the makino machine having this Fanuc Drive, but stuck up in interfacing of this drive. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated,
    I am also ready to pay for the manual if anyone could provide this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Babar View Post
    Hi All,

Can anyone provide me the Maintenance manual/connection diagram of the following Fanuc DC spindle Drive:FUJITSU FANUC

SPINDLE SERVO UNIT
    SP-6
    MAIN PCB No :A20B-0008-0374/02 10E
    ORIENTATION PCB No :A20B-0008-0030/02 02B
    DRAWING No :A06B-6041-H106
    Manu No : KOX-01651

I am retrofitting the makino machine having this Fanuc Drive, but stuck up in interfacing of this drive. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated,
    I am also ready to pay for the manual if anyone could provide this.

Thanks

Google "fanuc manuals" theres lots of sources out there.
    Mabe you can call one of them direct to get what you need.

PEACE

Hi-
    I have a Fanuc 6M-B Maintenance Manual that contains information about that panel. It does not show electrical schematics for it though, but it might help you out. I will photocopy the related pages and email them to you as pdf files by the end of this week. Please post your email address.

TFGC

Fanuc is notoriously stingy with technical information.

At one time, they supplied the owner of a controller with a schematics package for the system - I was fortunate enough to get the board schematics along with my 5T system when I bought my lathes from the prior owner.

However, to my surprise and dismay, I contacted Fanuc to obtain a copy of a drawing that was missing or damaged from the set that I did have. Their reply, "... don't supply copies of drawings to our customers but we'll be happy to service the unit for you....".

Interestingly the price to "service" the unit was slightly more than that of an all new replacmement board.

Hopefully, someone can come up with a drawing for you. Forget getting one from Fanuc.

I have schematics for an earlier generation of Fanuc DC spindle drives, but not this one. They're all pretty similar though.

Do you have just one 20-pin Honda connector on the spindle board marked "CN1"? If so, then the servo has a simple interface that requires a +/-10v analog speed command signal.

If you have TWO Honda connectors (one 50-pin connector marked "CN1" and another 20-pin connector marked "CN2") then you probably have a 12-bit binary input for the speed command signal.

In any case, you'll need to supply a contact closure to power up the drive, you'll need to receive a +24v signal from the drive to verify that it powered up OK, then you'll need to provide a speed command signal (analog or 12 bit binary). The analog speed command is OK all by itself because the polarity indicates the spindle direction. The 12-bit binary speed command needs a contact closure signal from the CNC for spindle forward and another one for spindle reverse.

The spindle drive board has its own power supply, so all you need to do to power the board is provide the correct 3-phase AC line voltage to the servo.

The drive board also needs a tach signal from the motor (TSA and TSB), and most of them have outputs for a load meter and a contact closure for overload/overcurrent.

Hope this helps. I'll look for the correct schematics, but I think that model came out after I left General Numeric back in '81

PLEASE!!!!...Fanuc DC Spindle Drive

Hi TFGC,

Sorry , I didnot checked the posts for some time,Today I saw your reply to my post.
    Please send the pdf files to my following e-mail address:
    [email protected].

It would really a great help.

Regards

Babar

I need also some help with this drive

I need also some help with this drive

I am working with the same drive and the same panel

A06B-6041-H106 panel
    and A20B-0008-0374/02

I want to do the reverse

I want to keep the Fanuc controle and replace the drive with another AC drive.

So any help on what is realy needed as signal by the Fanuc 6T control
    would be great.

Also the pinout name and signification of the CN2 Honda connector would be perfect.

Thanks

Heres a drawing I made a few years back when i used a fanuc spindle drive for a Heidenhain tnc 415 retrofit. it shows the cn1 and cn2 pinouts as well as the optional orient board.
    If you are going to adjust speed via analog input as I did, you will also need to place a jumper from cn1/13 to cn1/44 to lock in full speed of the internal pull-up resistors for coded speeds.

If you want to use the coded speeds, use cn1/13 for common, then externally switch it to cn1/33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,
    for speeds 1 threw 12, respectively

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails connection.jpg  

Hi to all
    this is jay from india
    can any one please tel me how to get analog output command for spindle in fanuc 6T...
    Which was configured 12bit binary earlier..
    My mail is is [email protected]

Parameter 003, bit 3 (the 4th bit from the right) is for 12-bit binary spindle output with CCS (constant surface speed). That parameter should be a "1" now because you're using 12-bit binary. You need to change that bit to a "0"

Parameter 003 bit 4 (the 5th bit from the right) is for analog output with CSS. That parameter needs to be turned on. You should not have both these bits set to "1" at the same time.

After turning on the analog output, you need to set several other parameters for calibrating your analog output. Parameters 120 through 123 are used to set the maximum speed of the spindle in each gear range. You then use 4 +24v inputs on the I/O board called GR1-GR4 to tell the control which gear range you are in. If your headstock only has one gear range, you don't need to use the GR1-GR4 signals.

The analog output can be found on connector CAX1 (C08) on pins 7 and 20, with an "enable" relay contact between pins 7 and 2.

The analog output can be adjusted to 0v when an "S0" is commanded using parameter 119

Parameter 140 is the "gain" setting for the analog output. This number determines how much voltage is output per unit of speed. Most spindle drives need +10v at maximum spindle motor speed. A setting of "1000" equals 10v normally, but some adjustment may be needed to get the exact 10v output. Be sure to put some value in this parameter otherwise you will get 0 volts all the time from the analog output.