585,717 active members*
3,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LaserCad / AWC608 micro-issue : Scaling

Hi everyone.

I've just installed a new AWC608 board into my straight-from-ebay 6040 machine. All good - thanks to everyone who helped.

I've got a bit of an issue though. If I draw a 50mm wide square in Lasercad (the supplied software), and cut it... it cuts a 62mm wide square.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

Okay - problem solved.

Turns out it's to do with µm/pulse as set up in the manufacturers-settings under options.

There's a little calculator which asks "what you wanted" and "what you got" (in my case 50m vs 62m)... it calculates what the µm/pulse should be. (in my case about '8')

Which is not as good as knowing the exact number - so I dug up the syscfg.ini from the old Leetro board... found everything to do with "pulse" then chose one which was closest to ,008. Leetro does mm, Lasercad does µm)

And lo : 8.11547

is the new µm/pulse value. Perfect.

There's a thread here Rotary Attachment -need Guidance [Archive] - Sawmill Creek Woodworking Community on how to calculate this number... if you know the stepper/driver specs. I didn't, so I cheated.

Re: LaserCad / AWC608 micro-issue : Scaling

Yes, size is relation with pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Nickwit View Post
    Okay - problem solved.

Turns out it's to do with µm/pulse as set up in the manufacturers-settings under options.

There's a little calculator which asks "what you wanted" and "what you got" (in my case 50m vs 62m)... it calculates what the µm/pulse should be. (in my case about '8')

Which is not as good as knowing the exact number - so I dug up the syscfg.ini from the old Leetro board... found everything to do with "pulse" then chose one which was closest to ,008. Leetro does mm, Lasercad does µm)

There's a thread here Rotary Attachment -need Guidance [Archive] - Sawmill Creek Woodworking Community on how to calculate this number... if you know the stepper/driver specs. I didn't, so I cheated.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Re: LaserCad / AWC608 micro-issue : Scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Nickwit View Post
    Okay - problem solved.

good job
    www.thunderlaser.com