3,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: K40 laser quit firing (upgraded)

What printer did you get, Scott?

Milt

I got a prusa mendal i3 got it assembled but have yet to finish making anything with it

I hate to reopen a year old thread here...but I've learned a lot already looking at buddydog's information and I figure if he's still around he might be able to help me with my jam *fingerscrossed*

I'm having a similar issue with my tube not firing. I've tested all of the things that buddydog suggested with my meter and everything seems to be coming out right, but still no fire.

When I test the input post on my tube and hit the test button my meter spikes and then eventually reads OL. Which if I'm understanding this right means that my power supply should be working fine. So then I test the continuity of my ground end from the ground post on my tube all the way back through my meter and eventually to the power supply block.......this reads fine as well. Still no fire with the test button.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. Any ideas would be super appreciated.
    Thanks

help me alot thanks
    Shandong Yishun CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd Email: [email protected]
    Whats App&Mobile: 0086-137-9314-0576 Skype: YSCNC05

[QUOTE=timbarker08;1840266]I hate to reopen a year old thread here...but I've learned a lot already looking at buddydog's information and I figure if he's still around he might be able to help me with my jam *fingerscrossed*

I'm having a similar issue with my tube not firing. I've tested all of the things that buddydog suggested with my meter and everything seems to be coming out right, but still no fire.

When I test the input post on my tube and hit the test button my meter spikes and then eventually reads OL. Which if I'm understanding this right means that my power supply should be working fine. So then I test the continuity of my ground end from the ground post on my tube all the way back through my meter and eventually to the power supply block.......this reads fine as well. Still no fire with the test button.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. Any ideas would be super appreciated.
    Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi Tim. Yes I'm still around and using old threads like this is a good idea as gets an email sent to me so I can respond otherwise I don't look here anymore as my machine is sorted pretty good. If the voltage (low voltages) into the supply are correct and the test button is causing the voltage "change" on the test line when pressed then you are left with high voltage not working IMHO. Did you do the peanut test for high voltage? If the peanut test fails you have one of three conditions: 1.The HV wire is not attached on the power supply, 2. The HV wire is shorted to ground on the tube end, or number 3 and the most likely: You have a bad power supply.

You didn't say if your unit is the one with the potentiometer? Are you getting full (4-5 volts) on the laser power contro line? Since you said everything checked fine on the inputs I assume you already checked that.

Page 2 of 2 12