584,833 active members*
5,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Watercooled Spindles - there seem to be loads inc VFD, are they all the same ?

Watercooled Spindles - there seem to be loads inc VFD, are they all the same ?

as the title says, there are loads of spindles around that all seem to come from china, some say they are 4 bearing, others dont, most come with a VFD..

are these things all the same ? can some one recommend me one of these spindle for woodworking and occasional ally work ?

Re: Watercooled Spindles - there seem to be loads inc VFD, are they all the same ?

no one owns one ?

Re: Watercooled Spindles - there seem to be loads inc VFD, are they all the same ?

I saw all those as well when I was building my machine. I worried and fretted a long time over taking the chance and rolling the dice on what I would get. Many got a perfectly good spindle but most said the VFD was crap. Some got crap spindle and VFD. The catch was that while most offered warranty it cost more to ship back to China than the setup cost in the first place.

I opted to spend a little more for peace of mind and a warranty that meant something. I bought my spindle from ugracnc.com Spindle-2.2kW-220V and matched it up with INVERTER

Questions were answered promptly. Shipping was fast and well packaged. Even test ran the spindle and posted a video so I could see runout. Programmed the VFD for me before shipping. Spindle is same as chinese but UGRA quality checks and warranties. WELL worth the piece of mind and has installed and worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

Steven
    Inspiring Thought for the Day:

Some people are like slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.