584,837 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Step2Linear

Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Step2Linear

Measure whats the resistance of the temp sensor pins on the motor cable. Then use the same value resistor to fool it.

Its probably a thermistor, and the resistance changes within a range.(similar to a cars temp sensor) You can't just short it.

Larry K
    Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Larry thanks, I very much appreciate the support.

I did measure 100K Ohm to gnd and tried fooling it but no luck. I'll try to make a cable diverter that passes all signals through except the encoders. As soon as I enable the circuit, the Overtemp LED lights up. I've not yet been able to get the servo motor to receive current and be frozen as I did when verifying the drive function stand-alone. I do have access to the encoder info from the user 15 pin D-Sub pinout. Can I piggyback the signals back to the Step2linear or do I need to guarantee that no encoder info enters back to the drive from the main feedback cable? By this I am asking if I can ever have the feedback cable connected back to the drive or at least must I ensure that the drive never sees any encoder signals at all?
    Thanks
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsherman View Post
    Larry thanks, I very much appreciate the support.

I did measure 100K Ohm to gnd and tried fooling it but no luck. I'll try to make a cable diverter that passes all signals through except the encoders. As soon as I enable the circuit, the Overtemp LED lights up. I've not yet been able to get the servo motor to receive current and be frozen as I did when verifying the drive function stand-alone. I do have access to the encoder info from the user 15 pin D-Sub pinout. Can I piggyback the signals back to the Step2linear or do I need to guarantee that no encoder info enters back to the drive from the main feedback cable? By this I am asking if I can ever have the feedback cable connected back to the drive or at least must I ensure that the drive never sees any encoder signals at all?
    Thanks
    Adam
    Make a 15M- 15F adapter that connects all the motor pins to the drive except the encoder pins.

( It may work if you piggyback the encoder pins to both the drive ans S2L , but its not recommened because both devices terminal the cable and may load the signals.)

Larry

Good morning,

I have CNC 8035 Fagor Machine with 3 servo motors Glentek SMA7115-1 Motion Control connected to a 3 Glentk motors. We're currently having problems with the Servo motors, we're having an external fault error. The servo motors are powered by a power supply of 160 VDC, we're trying to reset the servo motors, but we're not able to do it. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas how to proceed with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Drego View Post
    Good morning,

I have CNC 8035 Fagor Machine with 3 servo motors Glentek SMA7115-1 Motion Control connected to a 3 Glentk motors. We're currently having problems with the Servo motors, we're having an external fault error. The servo motors are powered by a power supply of 160 VDC, we're trying to reset the servo motors, but we're not able to do it. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas how to proceed with this issue?
    Do you have the S2L connected ?
    Is this a retrofit or the complete stock machine controller ?

We are using a Glentek SMA7115-1 connected to the J1 Connecter .
    1- Diff Sig+
    2- Diff Sig-
    4- Common
    5- TACH - 0V
    7- Limit+ - 24VDC
    8 - Limit - - 24 VDC
    9- INHIBIT - 24 VDC
    10- FAULT - 0,06 VDC
    11- Common
    12- Reset - 24 VDC

1 - BUS RET - 0 VDC
    2 - B+ - 160 VDC
    3 - MOTOR -
    4 -MOTOR +

The BUS is 160 VDC. The Machine is a Fagor CNC 8035 and the Motors are GLENTEK GM2340.
    We have a RED LED On and the Green OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Drego View Post
    We are using a Glentek SMA7115-1 connected to the J1 Connecter .
    1- Diff Sig+
    2- Diff Sig-
    4- Common
    5- TACH - 0V
    7- Limit+ - 24VDC
    8 - Limit - - 24 VDC
    9- INHIBIT - 24 VDC
    10- FAULT - 0,06 VDC
    11- Common
    12- Reset - 24 VDC

1 - BUS RET - 0 VDC
    2 - B+ - 160 VDC
    3 - MOTOR -
    4 -MOTOR +

The BUS is 160 VDC. The Machine is a Fagor CNC 8035 and the Motors are GLENTEK GM2340.
    We have a RED LED On and the Green OFF.
    double check the polatity of your limit and inhibit inputs.

http://www.glentek.com/glentek/admin...215manreva.pdf

one thing that i forgot to add on the current s2l firmware is a programmable test voltage output.. for testing the amp setup.

Larry

Sorry, about the (-)
    The values are

1- Diff Sig+
    2- Diff Sig-
    4- Common
    5- TACH 0V
    7- Limit+ + 24VDC
    8 - Limit - + 24 VDC
    9- INHIBIT +24 VDC
    10- FAULT + 0,06 VDC
    11- Common
    12- Reset +24 VDC

1 - BUS RET 0 VDC
    2 - B+ + 160 VDC
    3 - MOTOR -
    4 -MOTOR +

did you try pulling the reset low ?
    are these inputs normally high ? maybe the limits should be pulled low.

Hello ,i have a machine that im retrofiting whit step2linar . Im have the SW connected to drive , i see the encoder , when i enable it drifts as on + slow . Like motor offset or balance . I have taken the encoder and step command out and it holds the position . I have seen that encoder count is on green + and the error is on - red . By any chance the channels of the linear scale are inverted? I have tested on balance and no change in the drift . On the meter i have 0.230mV on + so it drifts because of the encoder searching it position?

No i have found the problem . It has Puls Dir command on the controller and the step liniar has Step Direction . I got it moveing in today , problem is is moving in one direction . When i press the +X i cant get any steps on the viper software . Im using a liniar scale and in one directions is working perfect . I have from controler 4 wires XCP+ Positive Pulse Signal 5v XCP- Negative pulse signal 5v XDIR+ Positive direction 5v XDIR- negative direction 5v . I have connected XDIR+ and XCP+ to 5v and the rest of them XDIR- to direction and XCP- to step .

Still cant get it right . Problem is i cant see the scope right in working mode . I use a liniar scale on it . I need some ideea

Not clear on what your asking ??
    Its seems to be basically working. Your gains are very low so you can increase them to reduce error.

I'm assuming its excersing from vipertune.
    Are you saying you can only move one direction when jogging from mach 3 ?

How are you able to watch the position on the mach3 (or what controller? ) screen?... did you tap into the encoders output ?

Larry

Its a China controller , i have conected the linear scales to it . i have tried to get the P more the 38 max and it starts to oscilate . In the controler i have 3 things G0 to 3000mm/m which is the maximum 10v for the drive at full rpm . Next i have the scale of steps and its set to 2 (its 1mm). Number 3 is acceleration . This NC is working on o Open-loop . This are the questions . Why i cant change the pwm clip, soft range and hardtrip ?(it dont want to save on drive )Attachment 366866 it says step 22007 enc 22397 err -380 . This is a actual movment. This is the actual error? if i just give a g0 x100 then g 0 x150 its stops perfect and there is no error . My motors are 8kw with 30nm and 250A peak . Scales are LS705 DR. H sinus coverted to TTL. What do you mean low 32 and 67 is the max its working on . It oscialte like crazy at 100 .

Quote Originally Posted by aventtini888 View Post
    Its a China controller , i have conected the linear scales to it . i have tried to get the P more the 38 max and it starts to oscilate . In the controler i have 3 things G0 to 3000mm/m which is the maximum 10v for the drive at full rpm . Next i have the scale of steps and its set to 2 (its 1mm). Number 3 is acceleration . This NC is working on o Open-loop . This are the questions . Why i cant change the pwm clip, soft range and hardtrip ?(it dont want to save on drive )Attachment 366866 it says step 22007 enc 22397 err -380 . This is a actual movment. This is the actual error? if i just give a g0 x100 then g 0 x150 its stops perfect and there is no error . My motors are 8kw with 30nm and 250A peak . Scales are LS705 DR. H sinus coverted to TTL. What do you mean low 32 and 67 is the max its working on . It oscialte like crazy at 100 .
    Please post all the settings, Kp Ki Kd Looptime ....

>>Why i cant change the pwm clip, soft range and hardtrip ?
    The S2L is not pwm, those settings apply only to the Viper 60/200/250 drive.

To tune , Push Kd to 400. then increase Kp gradually. If it oscillates, try changing loop time between 4 and 12.

Sounds like your amp has is set to a high gain. Lower the gain on the amps so the S2l has some range in its +-10 volt to correct. Currently your amps are way too sensitve if you can't get the S2L gains over 60. You should be able to get the S2L Kp gain in the 100-400 range and Kd in the 600-2000 range.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 12