My 1998 Leadwell V40 ran for 16 years with almost no problems, then last week it stopped in the middle of a tool change and i can't get it to run since. It has a 20 tool turret that just slides over by an air cylinder.

Now when it goes to do a tool change,
-it raises the Z axis to machine zero,
-the turret moves to the right,
-you hear the tool unclamp and the cone air come on and it releases the tool,
-then the z axis raises the tool, but after about 1/2 to 1 second of raising the machine freezes and just sits there with the air blowing though the taper.

I don't know much about Fanuc, so ive been going through the manuals and reading online.
Here is what ive found so far, while the machine is sitting while its still frozen.
In the diag screen

000 WAITING FOR FIN SIGNAL- An auxiliary function is being executed =0.
001 MOTION - Travel command of cycle operation is being executed. = 1
002 DWELL - A dwell is being executed. = 0
003 IN-POSITION CHECK - In-position check is being done. =0
004 FEEDRATE OVERRIDE 0% - Feed rate override is 0%. =0
005 INTERLOCK/START LOCK - Interlock or start lock is input. =1
006 SPINDLE SPEED ARRIVAL CHECK - Waiting for spindle speed arrival signal. =0

I'm pretty sure it comes down to INTERLOCK/START LOCK stopping the machine

I don't think its a z axis position problem because the faster i run the machine the farther the Z head raises after releasing the tool. If i set the rapid very slow, it just raises a tine bit. It seems like its a time thing always happening about 1/2-1 second after the z starts to raise.

On the web, i found a page that said to check these "soft G inputs" and in G0130 i find that IT3 changes state from 1 to 0 when the machine stops, (but IT1 and IT2 are zero as well )

G0130 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
*IT8 *IT7 *IT6 *IT5 *IT4 *IT3 *IT2 *IT1

When one of the bits is 0, the interlock signal is input for the corresponding axis (1-8).

I looked at the ladder diagram, but not sure what to do to find the toolchanger switches.
Its probably a micro switch or a sensor , but i don't know what to do next. How can i see inputs live on the screen ?

Larry