585,560 active members*
3,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

AWC708C Lite network problem

Hi. I have just swapped from a Leetro laser controller to an AWC708C Lite. The swap was fairly easy, but now i cannot connect my computer to the new controller. I am using a LAN connection cable, but no matter what i do or the IP address i use, the computer still won't connect to the controller. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated. I am fresh out of ideas. I am using the IP address that is in the controller, 192.168.8.8

Re: AWC708C Lite network problem

More information is needed.
    What is your skill with networking?

I would start with the basics:
    Are you running Windows or Linux? Can you pull up the IP of your computer?
    What network is your computer on? Same 192.168.8.XXX ??
    What is your subnet mask? 255.255.255.0?
    Can you ping the 192.168.8.8 from your computer?
    What do you mean by connect? Should the AWC708C be visible on the network or do you need some type of driver / software to talk to it?

James

Hi James,
    Thank you for your reply. I am new to networking so please be patient. I am running Windows XP. The computer has a totally different IP address. I have tried to ping the laser IP but it does not connect. 4 tries, no success. Subnet mask i have no idea. Apparently it does not require a driver. The AWC708C should be visible on the network,

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

It sounds like the root of your problem is that the two machines (computer and controller) are on different subnets. No problem.
    1. Find what network the computer is on.
    2. Change the IP in the controller to be on the same network.

Windows XP. I love XP but it's been a while since I had to administer an XP machine and my memory is not what is used to be but I'll give it a try ))

Go to control panel (start menu > Control Panel)
    Find "Network and Internet Connections" and double click it.
    Find "Network Connections" and double click it. This will list the adapters you have on that machine.
    One should be labeled "Local Area Connection" and have the word "Connected" somewhere in the text. Double click that.
    That should bring up a small window labled "Local Area Connection Status". Click on the tab labled "Support" and you should see your IP information.
    Take note of the "IP Address", "Subnet Mask" and "Gateway".
    Go to your AWC708C and set the IP to match your computer except for the IP address. Change it to something different.
    For example if your computer IP is 192.168.0.23, change the AWC708 to 192.168.0.200 (or some number near that). Make the subnet mask and gateway match your computer.

I assume you have an instruction manual with the AWC708 and it explains how to change the Network Settings??

James

Thanks James. I'm off to bed now so i will check and change in the morning. I really do appreciate your time and effort to explain it to me. I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks, Bob

Hi James,
    Managed to get it all worked out with your invaluable help. It turned out that the original computer i was using would not show the LAN connection for the computer in "Network Connections". Changed to another computer and applied the settings as you described, and it all worked. I am over the moon now. All is working very well. Thank you again for your assistance

Thanks, Bob

AWC708C Lite It works well and in line with the win7

yeah .. well ... including the win8 / win 7

Hello good afternoon

I have a problem with my awc 708 c lite, when I want to give the parameters, it says that I must press stop long. But I do and nothing happens stays in that same menu ... someone who can help me please ??

Manufacturer Parameters Settings
    Press 【Stop】button and not loose it.Then input numbers【 shift 】to enter Manufacturer Parameters Settings interface.

thanks my friend

Aydin