585,737 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > V-GIBBS v8.0.12

V-GIBBS v8.0.12

has anyone here started using this latest version?

If so, what do I have to do to be able to see the tool description, when rendering?

I'm using it. Don't quite understand what you mean by tool description. If you mean toolholders, you need to click on the toolholder, or enable it in Preferences.

Where do you enable it in preferances? I cant seem to find it.
    Also, when Im in preferances, when I remove all the tool types that I dont use (BT30, CT35, CT45 etc etc....) why do they always reapear when I open a new file?

OHHHHHHH ****!!!!! I see now, I dont do a lot of lathe programing, so I have never had to use that tool button on the top before DUHHHH!!!!

To use only a certain class of tool holder you need to edit the MDD for your machine. Open the MDD in the MDD editor and go to the tools page and you'll see where to check that option. You won't be able to select any other toolholder unless you go back in and uncheck that option.

Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    To use only a certain class of tool holder you need to edit the MDD for your machine. Open the MDD in the MDD editor and go to the tools page and you'll see where to check that option. You won't be able to select any other toolholder unless you go back in and uncheck that option.
    I like this new version, but there are a few thjings I have to get used to.

:edit

okay so I have made a couple of changes to the MDD. For one, I have locked the tool type. I have also changed the rotation vector. Now I have a problem. when I post the program using the new MDD, I dont get the same rotation moves. All I changed was the "A" rotation vector from -1 to 1 and the code is completely different??????????

Any tips???????