585,987 active members*
4,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC OM model B (A16B-1010-0285) does not start (the screen is blank)

FANUC OM model B (A16B-1010-0285) does not start (the screen is blank)

Dear CNC Guys,

Our FANUC OM (model B) stopped working: the screen is blank and there is no diagnostic whatsoever.
    (When switching off - the CRT flashes a little, so we can see that it was a kind working but did not have a signal)

On master PCB there are 3 LEDs: SI SO and WD (red greed red) and all of them are off.
    The power supply is Ok - we checked the voltages.

Any hint how to trace the problem will be greatly appreciated.

With kindest regards, Igor
    With kindest regards, Igor Kozlov

Re: FANUC OM model B (A16B-1010-0285) does not start (the screen is blank)

The two red LEDs being off means no alarm. My book does not say if the green should be on.

Thanks Ifixcnc.

Do you know how does master PCB start?
    Is there any 'enable' signal/wire?

hi igorko
    if your CRT not going on when you push the on switch then may be your memory section disturb.if you have your machine parameters then you can machine on with delete and reset and cancel button.may be you have need repeat this two to three time and your screen will on.because i have solved many problem with this when screen was off but supply was ok you can try thi i think you will clear.

hi igorko
    if your CRT not going on when you push the on switch then may be your memory section disturb.if you have your machine parameters then you can machine on with delete and reset and cancel button.may be you have need repeat this two to three time and your screen will on.because i have solved many problem with this when screen was off but supply was ok you can try thi i think you will clear.

Hi Braided,

Thank you very much for the hints.
    I tried them now - unfortunately it wasn't our case - nothing changed.

We are trying to check everything what we can, but with no documentation our chances are quite dim.

Any feedback is very much awaited.

I would try to swap out the CRT unit with an working machine.

hi this mean tha may be your CRT in trouble,or may be you memory section is not initializ.pul out tha rams to board and install again,i think you will clear,
    but inform me please

привет Игорь
    удалось ли разобраться с проблемой?

did you checked the crt and also ram status?

Dear Friends,

Thank your very much for being helpful!

I am sorry for the delay - we checked the Input power unit (where the wires from buttons On and Off lead to)
    It seems alright.

I tried to disconnect the batteries for a good while - the memory should be cleared - no changes.

The CRT looks working - when I switch off the control, the CRT flashes on (as a TV set with no input signal)

I am still hoping for your help!

2 Guhl: Здравствуйте!
    Спасибо за то что Вы спрашиваете! К сожалению ещё нет. Если Вы можете чем либо помочь - буду очень благодарен!

With best regards, Igor

вы кабели переставляли? попробуйте
    если заменять монитор, то можно подключить обычный монитор от PC, там VGA сигнал или какой-то стандартный. только надо сделать переходник
    вообще и осциллографом неплохо было-бы пощупать сигналы

Quote Originally Posted by braided View Post
    hi igorko
    Hello-braided!

Thank you! I have tried your trick and it worked!! We have (w/your help) recovered the graphics and the CRT screen all together. However, I am not able to get it to a 100% functional yet, I am afraid that I am not so familiar with this particular machine. So far I have done myself as much as possible to reload all the missing parameters,(manually one by one) but there is still a couple of details that I am not seeing. I get a 1002 alarm every time I intend to hit the run cycle on MDI mode.
    The machine goes all the way from power-up to standing-by status with no errors nor alarms at any of the electronic components, it is all clear and good to go. But one thing does not do, I cannot move any of the axis using JOG or ZEROING AXIS, so no manual movements available. I would suspect it has something to do with a parameter or a few of them might need revision. I loaded this 18M with a sheet of data that came with this USED Supermax. It will be greatER help if you have any additional info to share that takes us to the next level. Well appreciated.

Flex

Quote Originally Posted by peloflex View Post
    Hello-braided!

Thank you! I have tried your trick and it worked!! We have (w/your help) recovered the graphics and the CRT screen all together. However, I am not able to get it to a 100% functional yet, I am afraid that I am not so familiar with this particular machine. So far I have done myself as much as possible to reload all the missing parameters,(manually one by one) but there is still a couple of details that I am not seeing. I get a 1002 alarm every time I intend to hit the run cycle on MDI mode.
    The machine goes all the way from power-up to standing-by status with no errors nor alarms at any of the electronic components, it is all clear and good to go. But one thing does not do, I cannot move any of the axis using JOG or ZEROING AXIS, so no manual movements available. I would suspect it has something to do with a parameter or a few of them might need revision. I loaded this 18M with a sheet of data that came with this USED Supermax. It will be greatER help if you have any additional info to share that takes us to the next level. Well appreciated.

Flex
    you also should to enter PMC parameters. timers, counters, etc.